Practicing away from the golf course is getting more and more popular.
Golfers are realizing that they need to give themselves time away from the course to get their game ready for the course.
The only thing you need to get some practice in away from the golf course are golf balls and some space.
You will have to figure out the space, but we can certainly help when it comes to golf practice balls.
Here are ten of the best practice golf balls on the market.
Top 10 Best Practice Golf Balls (Updated 2021)
1. BirdieBall Practice Golf Balls, Full Swing Limited Flight Golf Practice Balls
- True Feel and Flight – BirdieBall has a limited flight distance of about 40 yards from a full impact swing but feels & flies like a real golf ball. BirdieBall spins exactly like a golf ball and gives you true swing feedback with a rewarding flight & sound
- Seeing is Believing! Watch our Video – Like a golf ball, the BirdieBall flies with reverse spin around its horizontal axis. Allowing you to draw and fade, you’ll know you’ve made good contact by the gratifying sound and feel produced after a pure strike
- Effective and Fun – the award-winning BirdieBall has been used at golf training schools, endorsed by teaching pros, and enjoyed by golfers of every age and skill. Create your own BirdieBall practice range or course and have fun while improving your game
- Durable Construction – made from a high quality, durable super polymer, the patented Birdie Ball won’t break like foam, wiffle, or plastic golf balls. Practice full swings or chip shots anywhere. Perfect for parks or home practice areas
- True feel, limited flight
- High quality
- Allows golfers to see draw and fade
The BirdieBall golf practice balls are some of the best on the market.
These golf balls will only go about 40 yards total, but when you hit them, it feels like you are hitting a regular golf ball.
The BirdieBall can be hit over and over again, and it will not crack or break.
If you are struggling with slicing the golf ball, the BirdieBall will let you know when you are slicing it and when you are hitting it straight.
You can spin these golf practice balls quite a bit.
You will learn the way they fly and how that is going to translate when you switch to the golf course.
Another great thing about the birdie ball is that, when you make contact, it is going to feel just like a regular golf ball.
You won’t feel as though you are hitting a piece of plastic.
The only real downside of the BirdieBall is that they are not as cheap as other golf practice ball options.
However, the BirdieBall gives you much better feedback and allows you to use them over and over again.
We love using the BirdieBall to practice chip shots as well.
Some practice balls don’t give you the proper feedback around the greens, but this is not the case with the BirdieBall.
You can chip these and see how they are spinning and flying as well.
We recommend hitting the birdie balls with your irons and wedges only.
- Feels like a real golf ball
- Durable construction
- Will spin like a real ball
- More expensive than other golf ball choices
2. JEF WORLD OF GOLF Foam Practice Balls (42 Multi-Colored Balls)
- Foam Practice Balls
- 42 multi-colored balls
- Simulates the flight of a real ball
- Great for the range
- Comes with basket
- Foam and long lasting
- Simulates the real flight
The BirdieBall is an excellent choice for the golfer who is very serious about their game.
Not all golfers who want practice balls want to spend that kind of money on something they can use in their yard.
A foam practice ball is a great choice to consider.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a foam practice ball.
One of the most important is that the foam ball is a bright color and easy to see.
Chances are you will be hitting these in grass that is longer than a typical golf course.
That will make them blend in a bit more and be difficult to spot.
Another thing to look for in a foam ball that it is a little heavier.
The heavier golf balls tend to simulate the real flight of a shot much better.
The Jef World of Golf Foam practice balls do a great job of simulating the true flight of a golf ball.
They also come in an easy-to-carry basket which will make storage and cleanup quite easy.
The Jef golf balls are fairly priced, and the fact that they come with their own carrying basket is undoubtedly a positive.
- Foam balls last a long time
- Won’t do any damage to your clubs
- Come with a carrying basket
- Simulate real flight
- Don’t get to choose the colors you get
3. AlmostGolf (10 Pack Yellow with 5 Tees)
- One-third distance
- Easy to spot
- Great for feel
The AlmostGolf Golf balls are made to feel almost like real golf balls.
There are a few really great features of the AlmostGolf balls, and one of those is the dimples on the golf ball.
The dimples are built to be just like real dimples on a golf ball.
Since they have the proper dimples, they are also going to perform just as a typical golf ball would.
If you are struggling with slicing the ball, you will easily be able to see how your slice is progressing when hitting with this golf ball.
The point of practicing is to have the ability to see if the changes you are making are working for your game.
This is an important thing for golfers to consider when they are choosing a practice ball.
If you use something that lets you know if you are improving, your practice will be much more productive.
The AlmostGolf balls travel one-third the distance of a typical golf ball.
This also helps you see a difference between your driver shots and your wedge shots.
If you are worried about having enough room to practice, AlmostGolf is a great choice.
Depending on which club you are hitting, you may only need about twenty or thirty yards of space.
The solid foam core of the AlmostGolf balls also helps to ensure that the ball will stay in great shape for years to come.
This is a practice golf ball that is going to be priced a little higher than other foam balls, but it will perform much closer to a real golf ball.
- Easy to see how you are hitting your shots
- Travels one-third the distance
- Real dimples for a real feel
- Priced a bit higher than other foam golf balls
4. TaylorMade TP5 Practice Balls
- For serious golfers
- Similar to the TP5
- Great for short game practice
The TaylorMade TP5 practice balls do not have limited flight.
These are practice balls that you would use when working on shots around the green.
Many golfers like to practice their short game shots before or after a round.
Using a brand-new golf ball is not a bad idea, but it may affect the performance of these balls when you head out to the golf course.
Luckily, TaylorMade puts out these TP5 practice balls which allow players to feel and perform for a fraction of the price.
The great thing about the TP5 is that it still has five pieces and a very high functioning inner core.
The inner core is built to maximize energy transfer and get players great speed on full swing shots.
The cover of the TaylorMade TP5 is a dual-layer cover which allows for lots of spin and feel as well.
The TaylorMade Tp5 practice ball has lots of great spin as well.
Overall, this is a golf ball that you are going to be impressed with.
- Feels just like a real golf ball
- Not limited flight
- Great for short game spin and performance
- Still reasonably expensive even for practice
5. Callaway HX Practice
- Durable, soft-flite golf balls
- Feature Callaway's patented HEX dimple pattern
- Simulate actual ball flight at scaled-down, controlled distances
- Includes mesh carry bag
- Available in 9-Pack (orange, green or pink) and 18-Pack (orange and green only) sizes
- Soft flight
- Simulate ball flight
The Callaway HX practice golf balls are an excellent choice for those who play with a Callaway golf ball in their typical game.
Since the Callaway HX Practice balls are manufactured with the same Hex dimple pattern, they will fly very similar to a Callaway golf ball.
This is a nine-ball package which comes in a few different colors.
Remember how important we said it is to choose a golf ball that is easy to see when you are practicing.
You will find that you lose golf balls quite quickly if they are not bright and easy to find.
These come in a mesh carry bag that you will be able to use when collecting them and to store them as well.
- Softer flight
- Includes a carry bag
- Comes in bright colors
- Hex dimple pattern
- Not the best if you don’t play Callaway golf balls
6. Champkey Practice Golf Plastic Balls
- SIMULATE REAL GOLF BALLS: Diameter Approx. 41mm, designed with 26 symmetrical holes, ensuring the true spin and accurate distance of golf balls.
- PRACTICE GOLF ANYWHERE: Now you can perfect your swing on or off with these practice golf balls. Great for backyards, indoor simulators, and golf range practice. Perfect for everyday home practice sessions.
- HIGH QUALITY: Made from HDPE. Durable, lightweight and good elasticity. They don’t break anything they hit, and they won’t crack all time.
- VISIBILITY: White color plastic training golf ball make them easy to spot in any terrain.
- ✔️ 100% SATISFACTION GURANTEE - we are pleased to be able to provide a 180 days 100% satisfaction guarantee .if you have any questions,please contact us !
- Simulate real golf shots
- Pure white color
- Good for simulators and indoor use
Champkey makes a wide range of golf products that will help you grow as a golfer.
These practice golf balls are a whiffle ball style.
The air is able to pass through this golf ball as you play it.
Therefore, it is going to slow down the shots quite a bit and decrease the overall distance.
These practice balls are designed to help make sure the golf ball spins and performs the way it normally would on the course.
Some golfers don’t like plastic practice balls because they have a slightly different feel.
The foam balls tend to have more of a traditional feel than the plastic.
Overall, these are a great choice if you want something that will last for a while and are quite cheap, these Champkey practice balls are a great choice.
- Will draw and fade
- Very low pricing
- Bright white color for visibility
- Plastic feel is not ideal for short game practice
7. GoSports Foam Flight Practice Golf Balls
- Comes in a pack of 24
- Will simulate ball flight
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
GoSports Foam golf balls are very similar to hitting with a traditional golf ball.
They come as a 24-ball set which is built for golfers who like to practice both indoors and outdoors.
The limited flight design will go about 110 yards at a maximum.
If you are just practicing short game and iron shots, you won’t see distances near the 100-yard mark.
Again, these golf balls will fly and spin like a traditional ball, so you will get lots of great feedback as well.
With this ball, you can practice anytime and anywhere for a very fair price.
- Has a dimple pattern
- Comes in a 24-ball pack
- Fairly priced
- Limited flight
- No option for alternative colors
8. SCI-CORE Practice Golf Balls for Kids & Adults – Real-Feel Training Golf Balls
- Bright orange color
- Soft golf ball design
SCI-CORE Practice golf balls are a great choice for both indoor and outdoor practice.
Many golfers with indoor golf simulators enjoy using the SCI-CORE golf ball in their indoor setup.
Since this ball mimics the real flight of a ball and has great feel, it is a perfect choice for those who are looking for a soft practice ball.
The SCI-CORE balls come in a bright orange color that is very easy to find when you are working on your golf game outdoors.
We love the fact that the dimple pattern on the ball also helps players to see their spin and the way they are truly hitting the ball.
For a practice session to be effective, you will need feedback and results from a practice ball.
- Indoor or outdoor use
- Orange golf ball is easy to see
- Very soft feel
- Only comes in a pack of six balls
9. Golf Training Aids | Pack of 3 Golf Practice Putting Balls
- ✅ IMPACT GOLF BALLS ★ Improve your ball speed and control with these NEW golf balls designed to learn how to analyze and optimize your short game.
- ✅ GOLF BALLS PRACTICE ★ The TRUE ROLL PUTTING BALL will help you to see and understand how your putt rolls. Clear feedback after stroking the ball. Perfect for train or warm up on the putting green, at home or just before your round of golf.
- ✅ THE PUTTING IS THE KEY TO IMPROVE YOUR INDEX ★ These practice golf balls will be a great addition to many other training-aids like putting mirror, golf sticks, putting mat and will largely account for your overall game improvement.
- ✅ PUTTING PRACTICE BALLS ★ These balls demonstrate how easy it is to misalign the ball's path to hole. The color pattern does show how well the golf ball rolls, while allowing many options for spin and distance control. Good visual training device.
- ✅【Quality Guaranteed 】MADE TO LAST - Golf4You US provides you high quality, high performing golfing equipment that is well-designed, well-made and built-to-last. ★ We guarantee your satisfaction: We want our clients to be happy, so just in case you feel disappointed with your purchase, we guarantee to give your money back instantly, without any hassle.
- Made for putting
- Helps you see your line and roll
- Understand more about a true roll
When you talk about golf practice balls, you cannot forget the putting green.
Golfers need to spend quite a bit of time working on their putting to be able to get to the next level.
These golf practice putting balls are certainly going to help you make progress in your putting game.
The ball is half black and half white.
You can use this ball to align your game properly but also to make sure that your ball is rolling as it should.
When a putt is hit properly, the ball will roll end over end until it makes its way into the hole.
This is certainly going to be easy to see with these golf practice putting balls.
You can combine these putting golf balls with other golf putting aids to give yourself some great off-course practice as well.
- Easy to see a true roll
- Good feel
- Great choice for alignment and speed practice
- Not the best for full swing practice; use for putting only
10. The Floppy Indoor Practice Ball
- Perfect for indoor golf practice at home or at the office.
- Floppy balls are very durable. Each ball is hand made and they're made to last.
- Made from a soft material that will not break anything in the house.
- The Floppy feels, rolls and spins like a real golf ball.
- Designed specially for practicing the short game, The Floppy is fantastic for your short game touch and feel.
- Great for indoor practice
- Feels like a real ball
- Will last a long time
Last but certainly not least is the Floppy Indoor Practice Ball.
Whether you are heading into a long winter season or looking for a way to practice on a rainy day, the Floppy is a great choice to consider for indoor practice.
The Floppy Indoor Practice Ball is a very soft feeling golf practice ball which can be hit into a wall or a door and leave no marks.
This ball does best when chipped around the house, and you can use it for putting as well.
Most golfers find the best results when chipping and pitching this golf ball around their house.
The Floppy is a bit more expensive than other golf balls on the market.
We recommend keeping it indoors and not risking the chance of losing it outside.
- Good feel for indoor practice
- Will not break things inside
- Nice chipping and pitching practice
- Allows swapping on the ball
- Expensive, use indoors only for longevity