The best golf cart batteries on the market are the ones that offer a great value, and at the same time, plenty of performance.
With a golf cart battery, you are going to be making a long-term investment.
Many golf cart owners make the mistake of buying a cheap battery in hopes that they can save a few dollars.
The problem with these batteries is that they do not last nearly long enough.
You will end up getting three or four years out of the battery before you will have to replace it.
It pays to do your research prior to purchasing a battery and get something that is going to last much longer and is going to be high functioning as well.
Golf cart batteries are the only thing that will keep your electric golf cart going.
With this being such an important purchase, it is definitely a necessary expense.
Here are ten of the best golf cart batteries on the market.
Top 10 Best Golf Cart Batteries (Updated 2021)
1. Trojan T-125 6V 240Ah Flooded Lead Acid GC2 Deep Cycle Battery FAST USA SHIP
- Voltage: 6, Amperage: 240mAh, Chemistry: Flooded
- Length: 10.375, Width: 7.125, Height: 10.875
- Deep Cycle Flooded Lead Acid
- Leader of golf cart batteries
- Long life
There is no question that Trojan batteries are some of the best batteries in the world.
The Trojan T-125 Flooded Lead Acid Deep Cycle batteries are known for longevity.
They have the lowest cost per amp hour than any other golf cart battery on the market.
The maroon case that the Trojan is kept in is quite strong and will keep the battery well protected.
With this battery, you will have to make sure the terminals stay clean and that you are providing water when necessary.
Many seasoned golf cart owners will tell you that the Trojan batteries have cost the most upfront, but they have lasted the longest.
- Very thick case
- Long lasting battery
- It holds up well over time
- Higher initial costs for Trojan batteries
2. Golf Cart Battery US2200 XC2 6-Volt (Minimum Order 1 Set of 4 Batteries)
- Price is for Total of 4 Batteries (1 Set)
- Sold as a set
- Heavy construction
- 232 Amp hours
When you purchase a golf cart battery, chances are you will need to buy an entire set.
Most golf carts run on six batteries.
Electric golf carts are usually priced based on the life that their batteries have left in them.
These US Golf Cart Batteries have a very heavy outer construction which helps them remain in great shape for a long time.
You will notice that these batteries charge rather quickly, and they have a hand-welded bar which adds to their durability.
If you are purchasing a complete set of batteries, you will also usually get a much better deal.
The pricing is going to be lower because you are buying in volume.
You will find that when you purchase and replace all six batteries at the same time, you often get better functionality from your golf cart.
- Heavy outer construction
- 232 Amp hours
- Sold at a good value
- Not as long-lasting as some other options on the market
3. ML35-12 Gel – 12 Volt 35AH Rechargeable Gel Type Battery – Mighty Max Battery Brand Product
- ML35-12GEL is a 12V 35AH GEL rechargeable maintenance free battery.
- Dimensions: 7.68 inches x 5.16 inches x 7.13 inches. Listing is for the Battery and Screws only. No wire harness or mounting accessories included.
- True deep cycle battery that can be mounted in any position, Resists shocks and vibration. Long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures. Cell Type: Specialty
- Factory activated GEL battery. Maintenance free. No acid pack needed. Advanced design works right out of the box and requires no maintenance yet offers the option to prolong the standard life by adding extra electrolytes.
- Rechargeable Gel Type
- 12 Volts
- Deep Cycle
These Mighty Max Batteries are a great choice if you want to find an affordable yet effective battery for your golf cart.
This is a 12-volt battery which can be used on a golf cart, UTV, or even a lawn mower.
Since the Mighty Max is a deep cycle battery, it can be mounted in any position, and it will resist shock and vibration as well.
The Mighty Max is a high performing battery which can also handle high and low temperatures.
If you live in a climate where the temperature varies, you will find that the Mighty Max still holds up just fine.
Since this is a gel battery, it is maintenance free, and you will not need an acid pack for it to work.
When you purchase these batteries, you can simply plug them right in.
- Great for high and low temperatures
- It fits in a variety of golf carts
- 12-volt batteries
- Lower price sometimes means less longevity
4. ExpertPower 12v 33ah Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery [EXP1233 ]
- Genuine ExpertPower Battery - The Most Trusted And Highest Reviewed Sealed Lead Acid Batteries On Amazon
- Battery Type - 12 Volt 33Amp/10 Hour Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Quality Assurance - Crafted Wtih A Rugged Construction, Our SLA Batteries Are Ultra Durable And Utilize Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Technology Which Provides A Wide Temperature Range.
- User Friendly - Easy, One-Time Installation Of Our Maintenance Free and Valve Regulated Batteries Will Get Your System Or Application Running In No Time At All.
- Expert power battery
- 12 Volt
- Sealed Lead Acid Battery
The ExpertPower 12V battery is another great choice if you want to keep things affordable.
This is a 12-volt lead acid battery.
With a lead acid battery, you will have to pay attention to the water levels and make sure that you are giving these products proper maintenance.
These ExpertPower batteries are a great choice if you like to take your cart off roading.
They have a very rugged outer construction which makes them much better at tolerating harsh environments.
Another great thing about the ExpertPower batteries is that they can withstand a wide range of temperatures.
You can operate these batteries as soon as they come out of the box.
Make sure your connections are in place, and you will be ready to take your golf cart for a ride.
- Rugged construction
- Sealed lead acid battery
- Very low maintenance
- Some notice quick deterioration with lead acid
5. Interstate Batteries 12V 35AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) AGM Deep Cycle Battery (DCM0035) Insert Terminals
- DEEP CYCLE MOBILITY BATTERY: Interstate Batteries DCM0035 professional-grade, high-quality battery developed specifically for wheelchairs & scooters. Longer life & more cycles for deep discharge usage – Interstate’s DCM batteries rated as the best performer for heavy-demand electric wheelchairs & electric scooters, making them Outrageously Dependable
- DCM0035 BATTERY REPLACEMENTS: Compatibility Fit Guide located under Product Guides & Documents. ABEC WHEELCHAIRS, BEST TECHNOLOGIES, BURKE SCOOTER, DAMACO WHEELCHAIR, ELECTRIC MOBILITY SCOOTERS, EVEREST & JENNINGS, EXIDE BATTERIES, EXPERT POWER, GOLDEN TECHNOLOGY, HOMELITE, HOVEROUND, INVACARE, JAZZY, KUBOTA, LEISURE LIFT, MERITS HEALTH, MIGHTY MAX (ML35), ODYSSEY, OPTIMA, ORTHO KINETICS, PACE SAVER, PRIDE MOBILITY SCOOTERS, RANGER ALL SEASON, SONNENSCHEIN, UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP, WEIZE & more
- RECHARGEABLE, MAINTENANCE-FREE, SPILL-PROOF: Rechargeable, maintenance-free, & spill-proof because of the AGM & VRLA technology (valve regulated) that eliminates spills & overpressure. 12 Volt, 35 Amp hours. 7.68” x 5.16” x 6.42” (LxWxH). Industry size Group U1 or GT9L. Insert terminal with bolt, replaces FLAG TY. This battery is not a replacement for Golf Cart batteries
- HIGH-QUALITY, HIGH-PERFORMANCE BATTERY: No other brand puts their products through more rigorous testing than Interstate Batteries 7-Point Quality Protocol. We don’t meet industry standards – we exceed them & back our products with an unmatched warranty. 12-Month Performance Warranty (DCM0035) – please contact Interstate Batteries on Amazon for questions (1. Click Interstate Batteries under Buy Now button, 2. Click Ask a Question)
- MOST TRUSTWORTHY POWER SOURCE: Since 1952, Interstate Batteries purpose has been to deliver the most Outrageously Dependable source of power to the world. Our customers come first, so we strive to create a positive experience for all. We recycle more batteries than we sell; please return to an Interstate All Battery Center near you so we can continue recycling
- Deep cycle battery
- Long life
Interstate batteries are very well known for their longevity.
They are made with high quality parts that are tested and developed to help increase the overall lifespan of the battery.
These AGM Deep Cycle batteries are built to be much lower maintenance than a typical deep cycle battery.
The top of these batteries is sealed, and they are not going to require monthly checks or adjustments.
All Interstate batteries also come with a one-year warranty, which is an important feature to look for in a battery.
With the wide range of use for the Interstate batteries combined with their longevity, this is a very popular choice of golf cart battery.
The Interstate batteries are available with a few different terminal options should your golf cart require something unique.
- Maintenance free
- AGM spill proof
- Long lasting battery
- Usually, a bit more expensive than other battery choices
6. LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery 12V 100Ah with Built-in BMS, Perfect for Replace Most of Backup Power and Off Grid Applications
- 【Automotive Grade Lithium Battery】Ampere Time lithium iron batteries have exceptional quality since they are manufactured by Automotive Grade LiFePO4 Cells with higher energy density, more stable performance & greater power. Highest-level safety based on UL Testing Certificate for the cell inside the battery. With no acid in the battery, you're able to safely mount in any position. This makes li-iron batteries perfect for solar home, RV, campers, golf cart, motor homes, off-grid applications.
- 【10 Years lifetime】Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery provides 4000+ cycles (10 times longer) & a 10-year lifetime compared to 200~500 cycles & a 3-year lifetime in lead acid battery.
- 【1/3* Lightweight】Ampere Time LiFePO4 Battery Weighting only 24.25 lbs for one module, it’s weighs only 1/3* the weight of lead acid batteries. LiFePO4 battery is 50% lighter than lead acid battery with the same capacity.
- 【95%* Efficiency】Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery’s flat discharge curve holds above 12.8V for up to 95%* of its capacity usage, providing astronomical boosts in run-time compared to only 50% in Lead Acid. This product is your best choice for outdoor camping power and indoor easy installation. Without memory effect, no matter what state the battery is, it can be used as soon as it is charged.
- 【100% Protection & Delivery】Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery has built-in BMS to protect it from overcharge, over-discharge, overcurrent, and short circuit with excellent self-discharge rate. Operating Temp: Charge: 0°C~50°C; Discharge: -20°C~60°C. Our battery is IP65 waterproof, setting you free from worrying to install indoors or outdoors. The batteries will be shipped from our warehouse in Los Angeles, CA or Dallas, TX according to the inventory and order address to shorten the delivery time.
- Sold as a set
- Lithium-Ion battery
- 10-year lifetime
If you have not seen the recent trend of golf carts starting to go with a lithium-ion battery, you may have been missing out.
The lithium-ion technology is quite a bit more expensive than other golf battery technology, but the long-term value is certainly there.
With a lithium-ion battery, you will have a very high upfront cost, but in the long term, you won’t spend much at all.
Where a normal golf cart battery may only last about five to seven years, you can get ten or more years out of the lithium-ion.
The bottom line is that you will spend less money and less time with the long-term investment in this battery.
The LiFePO4 battery is a very good high-quality battery which only weighs about 25 pounds.
One or two of these batteries could be all that is necessary to provide plenty of power for your golf cart.
The overall weight of the cart will be considerably less, thereby saving quite a bit of money.
- Long life
- Easy to take care of
- Saves weight on the cart
- Very expensive initial cost
7. Universal Power Group 12V 100Ah Solar Wind AGM SLA DEEP Cycle VRLA Battery 12V 24V 48V
- UPG #45978 UB121000 12V 100Ah
- Dimensions: 12.17 inches x 6.61 inches x 9.16 inches. Weight: 63.93 Lbs
- SLA/AGM maintenance free, spill proof battery
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration
- 1 Year Warranty
- Maintenance free
- Spill proof
- Mount in any position
The Universal Power Group 12V batteries are an excellent choice for those who need something low maintenance.
This is an SLA/AGM battery, so there will be very little maintenance that you need to worry about with this particular model.
You will also notice that the Universal Power Group battery can be mounted in any position.
Most golf carts have the space to easily place several batteries, but if yours is a bit tight, it can be helpful to be able to mount a battery on its side if necessary.
These Universal Power Group batteries come with a one-year warranty, which is an important feature to look for in a battery.
Overall, people are happy with the longevity and ease of maintenance that these provide.
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- Easy to install
- Spill proof
- Pay attention to the AMP hours when looking for value
8. 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery, Built-in 100A BMS, 2000-5000 Cycles
- 【Deep Cycle Battery】: Our LiFePO4 battery provides 2000+ cycles compared to 300~500 cycles in lead acid battery. The service life of LiFePO4 batteries is 8 to 10 times than the standard lead-acid batteries. The weight of the lithium iron phosphate battery is 30% lighter than the lead-acid battery of the same capacity. Without memory effect, no matter what state the battery is, it can be used as soon as it is charged.
- 【Lithium Iron Technology】: CHINS deep cycle lithium-ion battery has higher energy density, more stable performance and greater power. LiFepo4 battery will not burn when overcharged, overdischarged, overcurrent or short circuit, and can withstand high temperatures without decomposition. It can support fast charging and solar panel charging. Our LiFepo4 batteryis a green battery, it does not contain any heavy metals and rare metals and is more environmentally friendly.
- 【Built-In BMS & Convenience & Maintenance Free】: Our LiFePO4 battery has built-in BMS (Battery Management System) to protect it from overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, and short circuit with excellent self-discharge rate. Built-in high temp cut off prevents charging over 122 °F (50 °C). Plus, Li-Ion batteries can be safer than Lead Acid batteries, which have no protection against ground faults. This product fits for outdoor camping power and indoor easy installation.
- 【Capacity Expansion】: Our Lifepo4 batteries can be connected in parallels and in series for larger capacity and voltage. Max connection in series: Up to 4 identical batteries for up to 48V connecting in series. Connection in parallels: it can connect multiple batteries, suggest no more than 4pcs in parallel. Allow to be extended up to 4 in series and 4 in parallel (Max 4S4P) to get more capacity (Max 800Ah) and higher voltage (24V, 36V, 48V). Other installation methods: 4S2P, 2S2P, 3S2P, etc.
- 【Widely Used】: Our lithium iron phosphate batteries can be used in the following areas: Home energy storage system, UPS backup, lighting, digital/CCTV cameras, portable TV, e-Robot, electric vehicles, DIY loud speaker, 12V router, air pump, fish finder, golf car, trolling motor, motorhome/RV & camper, Houseboat, Travel Trailer, Dump Trailer and more. When the batteries are used in parallel or series, the battery voltage and capacity must be the same, and purchased in near time(within 6 month).
- Long lasting
- High initial price
The Chins Lithium-Ion batteries are a great choice for those who want a long lasting and lightweight battery.
Your golf cart will not need very many of these batteries to function and they will last for years to come.
In fact, lithium-ion batteries have been starting to drop in price because of manufacturing advancements as well as popularity.
If you are interested in the idea of switching to a lithium-ion battery, now may be the time.
Of course, the downside is always going to be that the initial price is considerably higher.
However, if you know you will own your golf cart for years to come, this can be a great investment.
You will notice that most lithium-ion batteries will all be priced about the same.
This is usually because they have very similar life spans.
When purchasing lead acid batteries, you have to watch out for less effective and less impressive technology.
- Will last for ten years or more
- Durable outer cover
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Very expensive initial price
9. WindyNation 100 amp-Hour 100AH 12V 12 Volt AGM Deep Cycle Sealed Lead Acid Battery – Solar RV UPS Off-Grid (1 pc 100 amp-Hour)
- WindyNation 100 amp-hour, 12 Volt heavy duty deep cycle AGM sealed lead acid batteries with heavy duty plates are designed for deep, repetitive discharges.
- Ideal for all types of off-grid power: Solar Systems, RV's, UPS, Off shore Marine power, Telecommunications, Portable tools, etc.
- 99.995% pure virgin lead allows for an extremely low discharge rate and maximum power storage (lower quality batteries often use recycled lead). Float life is 10 to 12 years at 25 degrees Celsius
- Technical and physical specifications can be viewed in the photo gallery (image #2)
- 100 Amp-Hours at the 10 hour rating. 110 Amp-Hours at the 20 hour rating! 1 year warranty.
- Available in several package sizes
- Works for a variety of applications
- Deep cycle AGM Sealed
The WindyNation batteries are a great choice if you want to purchase a package with several batteries.
When you decide WindyNation batteries are for you, you can find a few different package sizes based on what you need.
Of course, the more batteries you purchase, the better price you will pay per battery.
The great thing about Windy Nation batteries is the low discharge rate.
You will find that you get a lot more use out of your cart with much less deterioration in the battery.
These batteries should last for quite some time, especially when exposed to normal temperatures throughout the years.
- Low discharge rate
- 100 amp hours
- Heavy duty batteries
- Priced higher than other 12V options on the market
10. Trojan T-1275 12V 150Ah Flooded Lead Acid GC12 Deep Cycle Battery x4
- Trojan T-1275 Deep-Cycle Flooded/Wet Lead-Acid Battery
- This is the 150Ah, 12-volt deep cycle battery from Trojan. These can be used in RV's, homes, cabins and most renewable energy systems.
- BCI Group Size: GC12 - Dimensions: Length: 12.96” (329mm); Width: 7.13” (181mm) Height 11.13” (283mm)
- Weight: 85 pounds
- Trojan T1275 are recommended for the following and more: Golf Car, RV, Marine, Solar & Wind Energy, Floor Machine, Man Lift, Aircraft Tug & Truck.
- 12 Volt s
- 150 Amp hours
- Weighs 85 pounds
Last but certainly not least, we finish our list with another Trojan battery.
Trojan batteries are very long lasting, and they are going to provide tremendous functionality throughout the years.
If you have a performance type golf cart and you want to get the most out of it, the Trojan T-1275 is an excellent choice.
This particular pack is sold with four batteries, so the price is going to run relatively high.
Unfortunately, this will be a trend that you will run into quite often with Trojan batteries.
They have a very well-known name behind their products, and therefore, you will pay quite a bit more.
Make sure you have a friend available to help you install these batteries in your cart.
With each weighing about 85 pounds, these Trojan batteries are certainly not the lightest on the market.
Trojan batteries charge quickly and hold their charge for quite a long time.
If you are a person who values performance and durability there is no question this is the product for you.
- Great longevity
- Easy to install
- Strong case
- Trojan batteries are expensive