The best golf cart batteries on the market are the ones that offer a great value, and at the same time, plenty of performance.
With a golf cart battery, you are going to be making a long-term investment.
Many golf cart owners make the mistake of buying a cheap battery in hopes that they can save a few dollars.
The problem with these batteries is that they do not last nearly long enough.
You will end up getting three or four years out of the battery before you will have to replace it.
It pays to do your research prior to purchasing a battery and get something that is going to last much longer and is going to be high functioning as well.
Golf cart batteries are the only thing that will keep your electric golf cart going.
With this being such an important purchase, it is definitely a necessary expense.
Here are ten of the best golf cart batteries on the market.
Top 10 Best Golf Cart Batteries (Updated 2021)
1. Trojan T-125 6V 240Ah Flooded Lead Acid GC2 Deep Cycle Battery FAST USA SHIP
- Voltage: 6, Amperage: 240mAh, Chemistry: Flooded
- Length: 10.375, Width: 7.125, Height: 10.875
- Deep Cycle Flooded Lead Acid
- Leader of golf cart batteries
- Long life
There is no question that Trojan batteries are some of the best batteries in the world.
The Trojan T-125 Flooded Lead Acid Deep Cycle batteries are known for longevity.
They have the lowest cost per amp hour than any other golf cart battery on the market.
The maroon case that the Trojan is kept in is quite strong and will keep the battery well protected.
With this battery, you will have to make sure the terminals stay clean and that you are providing water when necessary.
Many seasoned golf cart owners will tell you that the Trojan batteries have cost the most upfront, but they have lasted the longest.
- Very thick case
- Long lasting battery
- It holds up well over time
- Higher initial costs for Trojan batteries
2. Golf Cart Battery US2200 XC2 6-Volt (Minimum Order 1 Set of 4 Batteries)
- Hand-welded Busbar for Durability
- Heavier Construction than Trojan
- Cycles up to max capacity faster than TROJAN!
- 232 Amp Hours! More than the competition!
- 1000+ Cycles at 50% Depth of Discharge!
- Sold as a set
- Heavy construction
- 232 Amp hours
When you purchase a golf cart battery, chances are you will need to buy an entire set.
Most golf carts run on six batteries.
Electric golf carts are usually priced based on the life that their batteries have left in them.
These US Golf Cart Batteries have a very heavy outer construction which helps them remain in great shape for a long time.
You will notice that these batteries charge rather quickly, and they have a hand-welded bar which adds to their durability.
If you are purchasing a complete set of batteries, you will also usually get a much better deal.
The pricing is going to be lower because you are buying in volume.
You will find that when you purchase and replace all six batteries at the same time, you often get better functionality from your golf cart.
- Heavy outer construction
- 232 Amp hours
- Sold at a good value
- Not as long-lasting as some other options on the market
3. ML35-12 Gel – 12 Volt 35AH Rechargeable Gel Type Battery – Mighty Max Battery Brand Product
- ML35-12GEL is a 12V 35AH GEL rechargeable maintenance free battery
- Dimensions 7 68 inches x 5 16 inches x 7 13 inches Listing is for the Battery and Screws only No wire harness or mounting accessories included
- Compatibility Deep Cycle Solar 33Ah 34Ah 36Ah Sevylor Minn Kota Marine JohnDeere Lawn Tractor-Riding Mower 108 Kangaroo TG-31 Golf Cart Yamaha Rhino Utility Vehicle UTV Goal Zero Yeti 400 Solar Generator GENERAC OD4575 Inverters Signage Minn Kota Endura C2 Trolling Motor Wheelchair Scooter 33Ah Ritar RA12-33 Bat-Caddy X3R Golf Caddy Portalac TEV12360 Pontoon Trolling Motor Yuasa NPC30-12 NPC 30-12 Interstate DCM0035L Dyna Cell U1 U131 U132 Pride Mobility Sundancer Wheelchair
- True deep cycle battery that can be mounted in any position Resists shocks and vibration Long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures
- Factory activated GEL battery Maintenance free No acid pack needed Advanced design works right out of the box and requires no maintenance yet offers the option to prolong the standard life by adding extra electrolytes
- Rechargeable Gel Type
- 12 Volts
- Deep Cycle
These Mighty Max Batteries are a great choice if you want to find an affordable yet effective battery for your golf cart.
This is a 12-volt battery which can be used on a golf cart, UTV, or even a lawn mower.
Since the Mighty Max is a deep cycle battery, it can be mounted in any position, and it will resist shock and vibration as well.
The Mighty Max is a high performing battery which can also handle high and low temperatures.
If you live in a climate where the temperature varies, you will find that the Mighty Max still holds up just fine.
Since this is a gel battery, it is maintenance free, and you will not need an acid pack for it to work.
When you purchase these batteries, you can simply plug them right in.
- Great for high and low temperatures
- It fits in a variety of golf carts
- 12-volt batteries
- Lower price sometimes means less longevity
4. ExpertPower 12v 33ah Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery [EXP1233 ]
- Genuine ExpertPower Battery - The Most Trusted And Highest Reviewed Sealed Lead Acid Batteries On Amazon
- Battery Type - 12 Volt 33Amp/10 Hour Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Quality Assurance - Crafted Wtih A Rugged Construction, Our SLA Batteries Are Ultra Durable And Utilize Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) Technology Which Provides A Wide Temperature Range.
- User Friendly - Easy, One-Time Installation Of Our Maintenance Free and Valve Regulated Batteries Will Get Your System Or Application Running In No Time At All.
- Expert power battery
- 12 Volt
- Sealed Lead Acid Battery
The ExpertPower 12V battery is another great choice if you want to keep things affordable.
This is a 12-volt lead acid battery.
With a lead acid battery, you will have to pay attention to the water levels and make sure that you are giving these products proper maintenance.
These ExpertPower batteries are a great choice if you like to take your cart off roading.
They have a very rugged outer construction which makes them much better at tolerating harsh environments.
Another great thing about the ExpertPower batteries is that they can withstand a wide range of temperatures.
You can operate these batteries as soon as they come out of the box.
Make sure your connections are in place, and you will be ready to take your golf cart for a ride.
- Rugged construction
- Sealed lead acid battery
- Very low maintenance
- Some notice quick deterioration with lead acid
5. Interstate Batteries 12V 35AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) AGM Deep Cycle Battery (DCM0035) Insert Terminals
- Interstate Batteries Deep-Cycle mobility product, our DCM0035 Replacement battery fits many products such as Jazzy Chairs, Leisure lift, Pride Mobility Scooters, Ranger All Season, Kubota mowers, Invacare battery, Hoveround MPV5, MPV4, MPV3, MPV2, MPV1, and other Hoveround products batteries, Bruno wheelchairs. This product is not a replacement for golf cart batteries
- Rechargeable, Maintenance-free and spill proof because of the AGM & VRLA (valve regulated) technology that eliminates spills and overpressure.
- Professional-grade quality product developed specifically for wheelchairs and scooters. Long life for deep discharge usage. The best performer for heavy demand mobility, wheelchairs
- 12volt 35 ah sealed lead acid battery. Dimensions: 7.68 inches (L) x 5.16 inches (W) x 6.42 inches (H) Terminal: INSERT W/BOLT REPLACES FLAG TY
- Quality product - our rigorous testing 7 point quality protocol - ensures we exceed industry standards and back our products with an unmatched 1 year no-hassle warranty.
- Deep cycle battery
- Long life
Interstate batteries are very well known for their longevity.
They are made with high quality parts that are tested and developed to help increase the overall lifespan of the battery.
These AGM Deep Cycle batteries are built to be much lower maintenance than a typical deep cycle battery.
The top of these batteries is sealed, and they are not going to require monthly checks or adjustments.
All Interstate batteries also come with a one-year warranty, which is an important feature to look for in a battery.
With the wide range of use for the Interstate batteries combined with their longevity, this is a very popular choice of golf cart battery.
The Interstate batteries are available with a few different terminal options should your golf cart require something unique.
- Maintenance free
- AGM spill proof
- Long lasting battery
- Usually, a bit more expensive than other battery choices
6. LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery 12V 100Ah with Built-in BMS, Perfect for Replace Most of Backup Power and Off Grid Applications
- 【Lithium Ion Technology】: Ampere Time deep cycle lithium ion batteries have exceptional longevity since they manufacturing by Automotive Grade LiFePO4 Cells with higher energy density, more stable performance & greater power, letting you use the battery more freely. Our batteries are more cost effective, so when factoring time and cost into your purchase, our lithium ion battery banks come out ahead every time.
- 【Longer Service Life & Higher Safety】: Our LiFePO4 battery provides 2000~5000 cycles (10 times longer) & a 10-year lifetime compared to 400~500 cycles & a 3-year lifetime in lead acid battery. Highest-level safety based on UL Testing Certificate for the cell inside the battery pack.
- 【Lightweight & Versatile】: Weighting only 25.35 lbs for one module, our 12V 100Ah battery weighs in at only 1/3 the weight of lead acid batteries! With no acid in the battery, you're able to safely mount in any position. This makes li-ion batteries perfect for marine, RV, campers, golf cart, medical devices, motorhomes & electric mobility scooter, off-road and off-grid applications!
- 【Efficient Power】: Ampere Time LiFePO4 battery’s flat discharge curve holds above 12V for up to 90% of its capacity usage, providing astronomical boosts in run-time compared to only 50% in Lead Acid. This product is your best choice for outdoor camping power and indoor easy installation.
- 【Built-In BMS & Convenience & Maintenance Free】: Our LiFePO4 battery has built-in BMS (Battery Management System) to protect it from overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, and short circuit with excellent self-discharge rate. Built-in high-temp cut off prevents charging over 167 °F (75 °C). LiFePO4 battery is 50% lighter than lead acid battery with the same capacity. Without memory effect, no matter what state the battery is, it can be used as soon as it is charged.
- Sold as a set
- Lithium-Ion battery
- 10-year lifetime
If you have not seen the recent trend of golf carts starting to go with a lithium-ion battery, you may have been missing out.
The lithium-ion technology is quite a bit more expensive than other golf battery technology, but the long-term value is certainly there.
With a lithium-ion battery, you will have a very high upfront cost, but in the long term, you won’t spend much at all.
Where a normal golf cart battery may only last about five to seven years, you can get ten or more years out of the lithium-ion.
The bottom line is that you will spend less money and less time with the long-term investment in this battery.
The LiFePO4 battery is a very good high-quality battery which only weighs about 25 pounds.
One or two of these batteries could be all that is necessary to provide plenty of power for your golf cart.
The overall weight of the cart will be considerably less, thereby saving quite a bit of money.
- Long life
- Easy to take care of
- Saves weight on the cart
- Very expensive initial cost
7. Universal Power Group 12V 100Ah Solar Wind AGM SLA DEEP Cycle VRLA Battery 12V 24V 48V
- UPG #45978 UB121000 12V 100Ah
- Dimensions: 12.17 inches x 6.61 inches x 9.16 inches. Weight: 63.93 Lbs
- SLA/AGM maintenance free, spill proof battery
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration
- 1 Year Warranty
- Maintenance free
- Spill proof
- Mount in any position
The Universal Power Group 12V batteries are an excellent choice for those who need something low maintenance.
This is an SLA/AGM battery, so there will be very little maintenance that you need to worry about with this particular model.
You will also notice that the Universal Power Group battery can be mounted in any position.
Most golf carts have the space to easily place several batteries, but if yours is a bit tight, it can be helpful to be able to mount a battery on its side if necessary.
These Universal Power Group batteries come with a one-year warranty, which is an important feature to look for in a battery.
Overall, people are happy with the longevity and ease of maintenance that these provide.
- It comes with a one-year warranty
- Easy to install
- Spill proof
- Pay attention to the AMP hours when looking for value
8. 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery, Built-in 100A BMS, 2000-5000 Cycles
- 【True 10 Year Warranty】: We provide ten-year warranty service，Please check the warranty clause in the Product Description. Deep cycle LiFePO4 battery with smaller size, lighter weight, superior performance and support at least 10-year service life, which can excellent drop in replacement for Lead Acid Battery. The cell of CHINS LiFePO4 battery pack has obtained UL certification.
- 【Safety And Eco Friendly】: Our LiFePO4 battery with built-in BMS, can protect the battery from over-charging and over-discharging. Lithium iron phosphate batteries are Eco- friendly and no pollution to the environment. Our Batteries comply with European RoHS regulations and have passed SGS and SDS certification.
- 【Powerful】: CHINS LiFePO4 battery has a very stable output voltage platform with 12V for 90% of its capacity usage, providing astronomical boosts in run-time compared to Lead Acid batteries. The battery is easy installation. Last 8 to 10 times longer than standard lead acid batteries. It can support fast charging and solar panel charging.
- 【Capacity Expansion】: Our Lifepo4 batteries can be connected in parallels and in series for larger capacity and voltage. Max connection in series: Up to 4 identical batteries for up to 48V connecting in series. Connection in parallels: it can connect multiple batteries, suggest no more than 10pcs in parallel. When the batteries are used in parallel or series, the battery voltage and capacity must be the same, and purchased in near time(within 6 month).
- 【Special Note】: 50% lighter than 200Ah lead acid battery, no memory effect, no matter what state the battery is in, it can be used as soon as it is charged. Lithium iron phosphate batteries from different manufacturers cannot be connected in parallel or in series. Please carefully review the warranty terms in the product descriptions. Your package will be delivered by DHL, UPS or FedEx: ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME IS 3-7 WORKING DAYS, Please be patient.
- Long lasting
- High initial price
The Chins Lithium-Ion batteries are a great choice for those who want a long lasting and lightweight battery.
Your golf cart will not need very many of these batteries to function and they will last for years to come.
In fact, lithium-ion batteries have been starting to drop in price because of manufacturing advancements as well as popularity.
If you are interested in the idea of switching to a lithium-ion battery, now may be the time.
Of course, the downside is always going to be that the initial price is considerably higher.
However, if you know you will own your golf cart for years to come, this can be a great investment.
You will notice that most lithium-ion batteries will all be priced about the same.
This is usually because they have very similar life spans.
When purchasing lead acid batteries, you have to watch out for less effective and less impressive technology.
- Will last for ten years or more
- Durable outer cover
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Very expensive initial price
9. WindyNation 100 amp-Hour 100AH 12V 12 Volt AGM Deep Cycle Sealed Lead Acid Battery – Solar RV UPS Off-Grid (1 pc 100 amp-Hour)
- WindyNation 100 amp-hour, 12 Volt heavy duty deep cycle AGM sealed lead acid batteries with heavy duty plates are designed for deep, repetitive discharges.
- Ideal for all types of off-grid power: Solar Systems, RV's, UPS, Off shore Marine power, Telecommunications, Portable tools, etc.
- 99.995% pure virgin lead allows for an extremely low discharge rate and maximum power storage (lower quality batteries often use recycled lead). Float life is 10 to 12 years at 25 degrees Celsius
- Technical and physical specifications can be viewed in the photo gallery (image #2)
- 100 Amp-Hours at the 10 hour rating. 110 Amp-Hours at the 20 hour rating! 1 year warranty.
- Available in several package sizes
- Works for a variety of applications
- Deep cycle AGM Sealed
The WindyNation batteries are a great choice if you want to purchase a package with several batteries.
When you decide WindyNation batteries are for you, you can find a few different package sizes based on what you need.
Of course, the more batteries you purchase, the better price you will pay per battery.
The great thing about Windy Nation batteries is the low discharge rate.
You will find that you get a lot more use out of your cart with much less deterioration in the battery.
These batteries should last for quite some time, especially when exposed to normal temperatures throughout the years.
- Low discharge rate
- 100 amp hours
- Heavy duty batteries
- Priced higher than other 12V options on the market
10. Trojan T-1275 12V 150Ah Flooded Lead Acid GC12 Deep Cycle Battery x4
- Trojan T-1275 Deep-Cycle Flooded/Wet Lead-Acid Battery
- This is the 150Ah, 12-volt deep cycle battery from Trojan. These can be used in RV's, homes, cabins and most renewable energy systems.
- BCI Group Size: GC12 - Dimensions: Length: 12.96” (329mm); Width: 7.13” (181mm) Height 11.13” (283mm)
- Weight: 85 pounds
- Trojan T1275 are recommended for the following and more: Golf Car, RV, Marine, Solar & Wind Energy, Floor Machine, Man Lift, Aircraft Tug & Truck.
- 12 Volt s
- 150 Amp hours
- Weighs 85 pounds
Last but certainly not least, we finish our list with another Trojan battery.
Trojan batteries are very long lasting, and they are going to provide tremendous functionality throughout the years.
If you have a performance type golf cart and you want to get the most out of it, the Trojan T-1275 is an excellent choice.
This particular pack is sold with four batteries, so the price is going to run relatively high.
Unfortunately, this will be a trend that you will run into quite often with Trojan batteries.
They have a very well-known name behind their products, and therefore, you will pay quite a bit more.
Make sure you have a friend available to help you install these batteries in your cart.
With each weighing about 85 pounds, these Trojan batteries are certainly not the lightest on the market.
Trojan batteries charge quickly and hold their charge for quite a long time.
If you are a person who values performance and durability there is no question this is the product for you.
- Great longevity
- Easy to install
- Strong case
- Trojan batteries are expensive