Sometimes a full-size driver head is going to be larger than a golfer wants for their game.
The majority of golf companies on the market are only going to produce 460-cc drivers at this point.
It is hard to find anything on the market that is less than 460 cc.
We have included the top drivers that are smaller than 460 cc, but many 460-cc drivers look smaller as well.
We will give you a comprehensive look at the best small head drivers on the market.
Top 10 Best Small Head Drivers
1. TaylorMade Golf Original One Mini Driver
- Off the tee, the Original One Mini Driver delivers a combination of excellent distance and accuracy, but with more control and forgiveness than a fairway wood
- Faster swing speed players can benefit from ease of use off the deck with a combination of face height and CG--this club is designed to be our longest metalwood offering that is still playable from the fairway
- Every head is individually speed tested and injected with tuning resin to optimize COR across the entire face
- The Speed Injection process is designed to maximize ball speed and distance in the M6 driver, achieving performance at or near the legal limit
- Twist Face technology provides the ultimate path to straight distance
- Old driver that came back to the market
- Twist face technology
- Speed pocket
The TaylorMade Golf Original One Mini Driver was a driver release that appealed to some of the golf traditionalists.
Some golfers find that the 460-cc driver heads seem to be a little larger than they would like.
This driver is much smaller than the other TaylorMade drivers on the market.
Some people subscribe to the theory that more club head speed can be developed using a driver that is smaller.
The driver can potentially cut through the air with more speed and allow for longer distances.
There are several distance-enhancing features with this Mini Driver, including the Speed Pocket and the loft sleeve as well.
The TaylorMade Mini Driver is made with three different materials.
The combination of titanium, steel, and carbon gives this club much more feel and performance than some of the others on the market.
- Long off the tee
- Very accurate
- Easier to control
- Slightly higher spin off the tee
2. Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour Adjustable Driver
- Center of gravity is positioned for super low spin with higher MOI (stability)
- Adjustable with eight settings for dialing in optimum launch, trajectory and accuracy
- Advanced VFT technology provides superior launch speed from more points on the face - especially on
- Low center of gravity
- Premium graphite shaft
The Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Tour Adjustable Driver is one of the easiest drivers on the market to adjust.
In addition to this easy adjustability, the actual size of the club head is quite small and easy to work with.
If you are a battery player who wants lots of adjustability, launch, and accuracy, this is a great choice.
The Tour Edge also features the VFT technology.
VFT stands for the variable face thickness.
This helps to make sure that, when you hit a driver directly in the center of the clubface, you still get lots of distance.
If you happen to miss the center and get it on the heel or the toe, you will not suffer all that much with your shot.
One of the nice things about the Tour Edge Exotics driver is that it is going to have very good launch.
Many of the lower handicap drivers will have low launch and make it hard to get as much distance, but this is not the case with the Tour Edge Exotics.
- Very low spin
- High MOI or moment of inertia
- Lots of accuracies
- Easy to control
- Highly adjustable
- Not as much of a modern look to the club head
3. Callaway Men’s XR Driver
- Everything about this driver is optimized for aero efficiency, which is critical to add speed with less drag
- Speed From Speed Step Crown To reduce drag and maximize speed through the swing, we've put in a Speed Step Crown and combined it with an optimized aerodynamic head shape
- Speed From RMOTO Face Technology This is how we increase ball speeds across the face by reducing 10% of face weight to make it thinner; RMOTO leads to more energy efficient energy transfer all over the face, allows us to put the CG 17% lower
- Speed From Maximum Shaft Load The shaft is a key component to speed, that's why XR comes stock with the new Project X LZ; It produces maximum shaft load during the downswing loading zone for greater energy transfer to the ball
- OptiFit Adjustability Choose from 8 different loft and lie configurations to find the perfect launch for your ball flight; When you get the right launch conditions, you get more distance
- Lots of speed
- Reduced drag and low spin off the tee
- Adjustability with OptiFit
The Callaway Men’s XR Driver is, in fact, a 460-cc driver.
However, it is important to note that many of these older drivers, clubs from three or more years ago, have a much smaller look to them.
The newer aerodynamic shaped golf drivers are the ones that appear very large.
The Callaway Men’s XR Driver is a very good option for ball speed, but it is most well known for its forgiveness.
This is a driver that faster swinging players really like because they can get the distance that they want and need from the club.
The XR comes with the Project X LZ, and it has adjustability as well.
The OptiFit hosel allows you to choose from eight different configurations so that you can get the perfect launch and performance from your club.
Although this is a 460-cc driver, it is going to be a little easier on the eye and a better option for those who like a more traditional club head size.
- Lower drag
- Low spin off the tee
- The sound of the XR was improved in future models
4. 2020 HONMA TR20 Driver 440cc RH 9.5 Graph Stiff
- 440 cc
- High end materials
- High ball speed
The 2020 Honma TR20 driver has lots of ball speed and adjustability as well.
This is a very good looking driver which has adjustable weights and an adjustable hosel.
You will be able to dial in the exact feel you need from the new Honma.
One of the things which set this club apart is the TI Carbon Fast Frame Technology.
This has resulted in the club to be much lighter than previous models.
The lightweight feel allows more energy to transfer to the golf ball at impact.
The ET40 Carbon crown and the variable face thickness make this one of the higher performing drivers on the market.
The only real downside of the Honma is going to be the price.
Pricing on these drivers tends to be much higher because of the materials used.
The Honma features the craftsmanship of more than 60 years in the business and a fast flight technology which is sure to impress.
- Adjustable weights
- 440-cc club head
- High ball speed
- Very expensive driver
5. Powerbilt Golf Clubs XP7 Black 10.5 Driver, Graphite Regular Flex Shaft
- Traditional large pear shaped head inspires confidence at address.
- Large Stainless steel clubhead is durable and provides great power behind the ball.
- Hot titanium face provides great distance, making for memorable tee shots.
- Small alignment aid on crown of club further helps dial in your line.
- Features graphite shaft with Medium flex for great versatility and energy transfer.
- Low pricing
- Large stainless steel club head
- Titanium face
This Powerbilt Golf Driver is one of the smaller drivers on the market, and it is also offered at a very fair price.
The head of this driver is more traditional in design, but it is going to have plenty of power to give to the player.
The stainless steel on the club head helps to add distance and performance as well.
On the crown of the club, you are going to find an alignment aid which is going to help make sure that you are sending your shots directly towards your target.
This is a driver that will be best suited for golfers who are new to the game.
Between the price point and forgiveness of the sweet spot on the clubface, the higher handicapper is going to enjoy what this club has to offer.
The shaft that comes on the Powerbilt is a regular flex graphite.
This is a good feature and one that usually comes at a higher price tag.
Overall, this is a great club to consider if you want a classic looking driver in your golf bag that can produce some great results.
- Alignment aid on the top of the driver
- Very low pricing
- Helps golfers to get good distance
- Not an excellent choice for higher swing speed players
6. TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver, Black
- Ultralite titanium core strategically places mass to achieve higher launch and greater trajectory control
- Legendary Speed Pocket in the sole of the club to promote higher launch and reduce spin for even more distance
- New satin black finish with details on crown to improve alignment
- Adjustable loft sleeve lets you customize launch and trajectory to your preference
- Includes head cover
- 460-cc titanium head
- Adjustable loft sleeve
- Speed pocket technology
The TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver is a great choice for those who are looking for distance and a great looking club.
The black PVD finish on the RBZ driver helps it stands out as one of the better looking drivers on the market.
Of course, this is a traditional 460-cc club head size, but it is an older model and does not look nearly as big.
You will notice that the club head size on this RBZ is much smaller than that of the new SIM Max drivers.
The adjustable loft sleeve on the RBZ driver helps to make sure that you can dial in the performance you need.
The RBZ driver is where the speed pocket technology from TaylorMade got its start.
This technology has continued to advance and improve in the years to follow.
- Black finish for a great look
- Lightweight shaft
- Lots of distance
- Great pricing
- Not as much distance as the newer drivers
7. Big & Tall Senior Men’s (+1” Longer Than Standard Length) Integra Slice Killer
- Right Handed / 10.5° Loft
- 400cc Size
- Premium Senior Size Black Velvet Grip
- Premium Lightweight Graphite Shaft - Senior Flex
- Men's Standard Length / 45 1/2 inches
- Good for taller golfers
- 400 cc
- Helps to get rid of slice
The Integra Slice Killer is a great golf driver for those who struggle with slicing the ball.
Instead of focusing too much on a large club head size and tons of distance, this driver is about accuracy.
For the taller golfer who is tired of hitting a slice, the Integra Slice Killer is a great choice.
The plasma finish and the lightweight premium graphite shaft will help golfers get a very fast ball speed and more distance.
These drivers are not made by any of the larger manufacturers, and because of that, the pricing is going to be quite a bit less.
With 10.5 degrees of loft, the Integra is a good choice for a wide range of players looking for a smaller driver club head size.
- 10.5 degrees of loft
- Lightweight golf shaft
- Sleek finish
- Helps to fight a slight
- Not the best feel for the better player
8. TaylorMade Golf M5 Driver
- Speed injected
- Twist face technology
- T Track for adjustability
The TaylorMade Golf M5 driver has a 460-cc head, but it is built with a smaller profile.
You will notice that most golf drivers designed for the lower handicap players tend to have a smaller look.
Many lower handicap players are golf traditionalists.
They want to look at a club and see something that is going to help them launch, but they don’t want to see an overly large club head.
The M5 is a perfect choice for a golfer who is looking for a reasonable club head size and a ton of performance.
One of the best things about this club is the Inverse T Track.
The inverse T Track has two 10-g weights that can be moved to help a golfer get the exact ball flight that they need.
With the Hammerhead 2.0 technology, you get a large sweet spot and lots of distance even when you miss the center of the club head.
Overall, this is a high performing driver, and many like it better than the SIM.
- Speed injected face
- Twist face technology
- Hammerhead 2.0 for extra forgiveness and distance
- Not suitable for the really high handicap golfer.
9. TaylorMade M4 Draw Type Driver
- The M4 D-Type driver features two new innovations and a favorite from the M2 along with draw bias to create a new generation of straight distance and extreme forgiveness.
- Twist Face Technology introduces a new curvature that reduces side spin by altering the loft in areas of common mis-hits to help you find the fairway.
- The Hammerhead Slot is a redesigned sole slot, included for the first time in TaylorMade's most adjustable driver.
- TaylorMade's M4 D-Type driver is made for golfers who need draw bias to eliminate a slice off the tee.
- This version features all the distance, accuracy, and forgiveness of the standard M4 with even greater ability to hit straighter drives.
- Great for a draw
- Geocoustic technology
- Corrective face angle
The TaylorMade M4 Draw Type was another club head by TaylorMade which had a smaller look to it than other options out there.
The M4 Draw Type has the Hammerhead slot technology that gives it a flexible face and a much larger sweet spot.
One of the things that golfers liked best about the M4 draw was the consistency.
This driver gives low spin and lots of forgiveness on off center hits.
The geocoustic technology is what helps the golf driver sound and perform a bit better than other clubs.
The two tone cosmetics have helped to make sure that golfers can line up their shots and get the ball going towards the target.
Even though the M4 is a 460-cc, with the way it is designed, it looks quite a bit smaller.
- Corrective face angle
- Hammerhead slot
- Two tone helps for better alignment
- Draw bias golf club
- Not great for the golfer who does not have a slicing issue
10. Callaway X HOT Driver
- Long distance
- Lots of ball speed
- Loft and lie adjustability
The X Hot Driver is another option from Callaway that is designed to look a bit like a more traditional older style club head.
When you hold the X Hot in your hand, it is going to look a lot smaller than the new Mavrik driver.
The X Hot features the VFT Face, so you will get very fast ball speeds on off-center hits.
The distance that you can get with the X hot is good, but not as great as the new Callaways.
We do like the ability to adjust the loft and lie of this driver.
This is a feature which is certainly worth considering on a new driver.
Lastly, the X Hot driver is a great choice when you want something more affordable as well.
- Long distance
- Lots of ball speed
- VFT face
- Older technology