When you are out at your favorite golf course to play with your family, there is a lot of walking around with heavy golf gear in the field that cannot be done without having a good golf push cart.
Now, if you brought your children to play, they also need a junior golf push cart to be able to carry their golf gear around.
The best junior golf carts in the market are very reliable and can be used by juniors of every age group.
They have increased stability to prevent accidents and injuries.
If you see your kid turning into a great player in the near future, getting a junior golf push cart will prove to be a good investment.
The security that these golf push carts offer to your kids lets them play the game without stress.
That said, as with everything else, the market is flooded with various types of golf push carts from different brands.
While the ones priced on the higher end may seem more attractive and give you the notion of being the better choice, it is not always so.
This article aims to help you understand your needs to help you learn what you need.
Let’s first go through the various advantages a good junior push golf cart can offer you and your kids.
Why Do Your Kids Need a Junior Golf Push Cart?
If you have been playing golf for a long time, you know the pain of having only a golf bag to store your equipment and moving around with your heavy gear hanging down your shoulder.
We surely don’t want our kids to despise the game before they can even begin enjoying it.
Therefore, it is important that they have their own push carts to be able to carry their golf gear with ease.
Lifting a whole bag of golf gear can cause many problems such as neck strain, shoulder problems and back injuries.
On the other hand, a golf push cart is very convenient to push around and the best ones are designed to accommodate golf gear meant for children.
Apart from this, a junior golf push cart can even improve your kids’ performance at the game by saving the energy they would have spent carrying their bag for each hole.
Using a push cart has a further psychological benefit of making them feel like an important professional player.
What Are the Features to Look For in the Best Junior Push Golf Carts?
Well, junior golf bags are designed to be small, so they obviously don’t fit in the straps of a regular golf push cart.
Kids, therefore, need their own version of a golf push cart so that they can safely place their golf bags in the small straps.
Their junior golf push carts must be durable and easy to fold so that they do not cause any unwanted inconvenience.
To make sure you get the best golf cart for your children, here are the main features that you must look for:
Since the golf cart will be used by children, it is highly likely that it will be used roughly.
The cart will most probably be tossed and pushed around harshly.
Hence, you need to consider the material used in its manufacture to ensure it can withstand a child’s rough use.
Furthermore, the durability of a junior golf push cart means that it should come with lightweight and airless tires so that your kid never has to worry about the tires puncturing.
That said, tires must be large and sturdy to avoid any tripping accidents.
The push cart should also have a good handle that is not too big for a kid’s palm and does not have an extremely small diameter.
If the cart is battery operated, the batteries must last for months; no one likes to worry about batteries draining frequently.
Since many families play golf even while traveling, the junior golf cart must be foldable while having other important features like an umbrella hole, a cup hole, a seat, and compartments for storage.
It must also be lightweight and easily movable by kids of all ages.
As mentioned earlier, a good golf push cart should be stable.
While using it, the child must not have any fear of tripping over or losing hold of the golf gear.
Moreover, the cart must have a good braking mechanism and have sturdy wheels to provide a smooth ride.
Top 8 Junior Golf Push Carts
Let us now review the eight best junior golf push carts available for your kids and study the pros and cons of each one so that you can decide which one will suit your kid better:
1. Clicgear Rovic RV3J Golf Push Cart for Juniors
- Full featured golf push cart for junior golfers featuring lightweight aluminum tubing and maintenance-free airless tires
- Bag-on folding design allows you to fold the cart to a compact size of 13. 5” x 14. 5” x 31” while keeping your bag strapped in for easy storage and transportation
- Compact console with scorecard holder strap
- Foot activated brake to safely park the cart
- Includes standard cup holder, umbrella mount, ball clip and additional accessory tabs for adding more Rove and Clicker accessories
The Clicgear Rovic RV3J push cart is a very stylish option for junior golfers.
Apart from having great looks, this cart is excellent for many other reasons.
It is one of the best golf push carts due to its oversized wheels that offer perfect terrain navigation. It also comes with very responsive brakes.
The RV3J is also provided with a beverage holder and space for other accessories, which is a great addition for many junior golfers.
- Has a holder for beverages
- Can accommodate an umbrella as well
- There is also a ball clip included
- The scorecard holder usually hinders the game
- The oversized wheels do not allow it to be folded easily
2. Spin It Golf Products GCPro II Push Golf Cart
- One click, easy folding golf push cart
- Low maintenance airless tires
- Includes scorecard holder, umbrella holder and drink holder
What can be better than getting your junior golfer an automatically folding golf push cart and that too on a budget?
The Spin It Golf Products GCPro II is a great option for kids of all ages.
It comes with a super easy folding mechanism, making it a very user-friendly option for kids.
Apart from these features, the golf cart comes with compartments for balls, tees, scorecard, and drinks.
Other features include durable wheels, a very long-lasting battery and adjustable handles.
All this allows the GCPro II to last a long time, making it a great investment.
- Super easy to fold. The push cart comes with an automatic red button that folds it within a matter of seconds
- Very reasonable price
- The wheels are larger than they should be
- The cart is very heavy for juniors
3. Young Gun Junior Golf Cart for Kids
- Designed for golfers from ages 3 to 14 years old
- Made from a strong yet lightweight alloy metal
- Nylon bag straps and quick snap lock buckles, with bag rest bracket
This cart by Young Gun is the most lightweight option in the list that is fairly convenient to use for juniors.
This stylish golf push cart allows your kid to carry it around their shoulders due to the shoulder strap that comes conveniently attached with it.
It is a very lightweight push cart and weighs about 8 pounds.
It is the only junior push cart that comes with a shoulder strap.
Other features include two wheels and a central leg that helps keep the cart stable.
- The bag holder can be adjusted to accommodate many different bags
- It is a simple and lightweight product
- Easily transportable due to the availability of a shoulder strap
- The product has a tendency to trip
- The handle is non-extendable
4. Bag Boy Quad XL Golf Cart
- Stand and cart bag friendly upper bag bracket with adjustable support arms lock the golf bag into place
- Full feature, extra deep scorecard console includes golf ball storage and mobile device holder
- 9.5 inch front and 11.5 inch rear oversized wheels roll through the grass with ease
- Super compact for storage and transport
Bag Boy is well known for manufacturing the best golf products and accessories.
Just as it specializes in golf items for adults, it does so quite well for kids as well and this cart is a good example of that.
The Quad XL is an aesthetic four-wheeler with stable tires that can glide smoothly over the roughest of terrains.
Another unique feature is that it has a lock system to secure your kids’ golf bags in place so that there is no fear of golf clubs slipping out of a bag.
Furthermore, it comes with an umbrella holder to give your kid complete shade from direct sunlight.
- It offers four wheels for added stability
- It comes with a smart design and appeal
- Wheels are big and can handle the roughest terrains
- The clamp holds the bag firmly in place
- It has a scorecard console built in
- It has a tendency of tripping over due to heavy winds
- It could be shaped to have a lighter weight than it does
- Cannot be folded
5. Total Automatic Folding Golf Push Cart by Golferpal
- Perfectly designed angle to distribute the weight of your bag across all four wheels; Makes pushing and pivoting easy; One of the most effortless push carts in the world
- 4 large 10.75" wheels provide stable movement on hills and make maneuvering through rough terrain easy
- At a size of 12.8"x26.4"x16.5" folded, and weighing just 16.8 lbs., it folds down to one of the most compact sizes on the market
- Battery lasts up to 6 months of use on a single charge
This is another automatic golf push cart for young golf players. It is more suitable for teenagers than younger kids as it weighs 16.8 pounds.
It can be easily folded down to a size of 12.8″ x 26.4″ x 16.5″ so that it can be carried easily.
Although lightweight enough to be carried around by your teen, this golf cart is made of steel that adds to its durability.
The thick and wide tires add to its feasibility and it can move smoothly over rough terrains.
It is an eye-catching, four-wheeled cart with huge tires to glide smoothly on rough terrains.
- The wheels are thick and designed well for rough terrains
- It is a very simple and user-friendly product
- Battery lasts for six whole months
- It does not contain a good braking system
- The cart is only good enough to keep bags larger than 26 inches in diameter
6. Bag Boy Compact 3 Push Cart
- Full feature Extra deep scorecard console for golf ball storage, smart phone & integrated beverage holder
- Simple three-step fold for compact storage
- 9. 5 inch front and 11. 5 inch rear oversized wheels roll through the grass with ease
- Stand and cart bag friendly upper bag bracket with adjustable support arms
- 5. Top-lok technology
The Bag Boy Compact 3 push cart is another favorite when it comes to selecting a golf cart for juniors.
While it does not boast any exceptional features or have extra clamps to handle accessories, it is still a good option to choose for your kid.
It has a very eye-appealing design that comes in a unique three-wheel makeup.
The build of the cart gives it exceptional stability and ease of maneuvering over the roughest of terrains.
It is also easy to handle and move around, placing less stress on a junior golfer’s physique. There are three wheels plus a front leg that add a lot to its stability.
- It is lightweight and easy to move
- Comes with three tires and a front leg
- It has an attractive design
- It does not have extra compartments
- It does not come with a folding option
7. Bat-Caddy X3R Electric Golf Caddy
- Fully Directional Remote-Control
- Dual 200W quiet motors
- 9 forward and reverse speeds
- Oversized Anti-tip Wheel
- Auto-timed distance control
This one is another eye-catching golf cart that is more suitable for teenagers rather than younger kids.
Teens will be able to move it around with unbelievable ease on very rough terrains.
It is an electric push cart that can conveniently hold the heaviest of gear and lock it into place without anything falling apart.
It has a very lightweight and slim frame which is strong at the same time.
It also provides the user with a good grip so that it can be easily maneuvered over any kind of terrain.
There is a leg located at the front to provide stability.
- Lightweight and user-friendly design
- Strong, sturdy wheels
- Good clamps for holding golf gear in place
- Appealing design
- Front leg keeps it stable in the windiest weather
- The axle on the wheels is not properly aligned
- There is always a risk of accident due to the tires moving in opposite directions
- Does not contain clamps for accessories such as an umbrella
8. Clicgear Model 3.5+ Golf Push Cart
- COMPACT – Simple to use slide-to-close mechanism folds the cart down to a size of 13” x 15” x 24” for easy storage and transportation
- LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE – Aircraft grade, scratch-resistant, aluminum tubing and maintenance-free airless tires ensures the cart will last and weighs just 18 pounds
- EXTRA STORAGE – Storage net and full console with built-in scorecard, golf ball, pencil & tee holders
- PARKING HAND BRAKE – Prevents the cart from rolling when you walk away
- ACCESSORIES – Includes standard cup holder, umbrella mount, and additional accessory tabs for adding more Clicker accessories
If your child wants to be more like a professional, the Clicgear Model 3.5+ Golf Push Cart is the one!
It is basically a miniature adult push cart that comes with many storage options.
It has a sturdy design and is durable enough to last many years.
It also has an automatic folding button and comes in two color options, pink and black.
The three wheels also add to its stability.
Furthermore, the wheels have a small diameter and are airless.
Moreover, the handle is made of rubber and is styled to easily fit the palms of a child.
As a result, excellent maneuverability is the main feature of this junior golf cart.
It also comes with a mesh bag that can be adjusted to support multiple accessories.
- The push cart folds neatly within a few seconds
- It has a carry bag made of mesh that can store many accessories
- It has nicely pivoted wheels that provide stability
- It can hold a lot of golf gear belonging to professional junior golfers
- The design can be a bit complicated to use for novices
- The mesh bag needs to be purchased separately
Durability, ease of transport, automatic folding, stable and sturdy wheels, availability of different clamps, a good cart handle, and nice braking systems are what make the best junior golf push carts.
Although many parents might not consider it so important to get their kids such push carts, investing in one many change golf for your kids, who might start taking it more seriously than ever.
It is, however, highly recommended to let your kids do the choosing by telling them about the pros and cons of all the top junior golf push carts so that they can better decide what they want.
It will also help them feel like a professional adult golf player.