Have you been looking for a speedometer for your golf cart?
You may even be just looking to meet state requirements or look to improve your golf cart.
Whatever reason you may have, it’s important to show an accurate speed reading for your golf cart.
If you are looking to invest in a golf cart speedometer, we have you covered with our complete buying guide.
Let’s take a look at the best golf cart speedometer’s on the market today.
Top 10 Best Speedometers For Golf Carts
1. Parts Direct Golf Cart Alltrax Ex-Ray Digital Dashboard Speedometer
- Speedometer with current, average, and max speed.
- Battery Voltage Readout for 12, 24, 36, and 48V electric cars or alternator battery health on gas cars.
- Programmable maintenance reminders.
- Ride time and total accumulated ride time.
- LED warning lights.
Parts Direct is an excellent manufacturer who produces a variety of items for multiple types of vehicles.
This speedometer is explicitly designed for golf carts, which is one reason why it tops our list.
Many of the items available for golf carts are also multi-use items, which means that they aren’t as fine-tuned for the demands of a cart as other items.
Thankfully, this product is easy to mount directly to your steering wheel and requires minimal upgrades to operate smoothly.
All you’ll need to do is attach the magnetic tooth sensor to the wheel hub to gauge the speed of your cart as it runs.
- Excellent LED warning lights
- Gauges battery power
- Saves ride time and length
- A bit expensive
- May require some installation that some cannot handle
Overview of the Alltrax Ex-Ray Digital Dashboard Speedometer
You can also find the manual by clicking here if you have any questions
2. AUTOOL Universal Car HUD GPS Speedometer MPH
- 【WORKS FOR ALL VEHICLES】– Unlike other Car HUDs, you do not need to worry about the compatibly, X100 could work for ALL vehicles, no matter which brand or which model all over the world cause X100 is based on the GPS module inside.
- 【GREEN LIGHT LCD DISPLAY】- Green light will let the driver more comfortable and protect the driver eyes aslo with clear vision, no dizziness, specially for long distance driving, ensure your a safer driving.
- 【RICH CONTENTS】– Almost everything you may need to read during driving will be shown by this HUD, including vehicle speed, driving direction, voltage, driving distance measurement, driving time, low voltage alarm, over speed alarm, satellite time and number, altitude, freely switch between kilometers and miles. A great partner for your driving.
- 【FATIGUE DRIVING ALARM】 - HUD will start to warn of you when driving time reach 1hour, it will keep on warning you continously when driving time reach 5hours, please press the reset button to stop it or pause the driving as well power off the HUD.
- 【OVERSPEED WARNING & UNIVERSAL FIT】 - The HUD keeps warning you when speed over 120km/h with "bi bi" sound, it stops when speed lower than 120km/h, Built in GPS module makes all vehicles can fit with this gauge and ensure you a safer journey!
Like many types of golf cart speedometers, this model is more of a general use option.
However, it stands above other general or all-purpose models by having a higher level of amenities, features, and benefits.
For example, it uses a GPS module that will make tracking your cart use easier and will ensure that you know where you are at all times.
And the comforting green LCD screen avoids excessive strain and keeps your eyes as relaxed as possible while you drive your cart.
And the myriad of elements this speedometer tracks – including speed, battery voltage, driving distance, driving direction, and more ensure that you get a comprehensive speedometer for your golf cart needs.
- Sets up very easily
- Uses a fatigue alarm to keep you safe
- Display your time while you drive
- May not fit in smaller golf carts
- Battery drain is noticeable
Overview of the AUTOOL Universal Car HUD GPS Speedometer MPH
3. TIMPROVE T600 Universal Car HUD
Although this model is designed more for automobile use, it is compatible with many golf carts.
All you need to do is adjust the electrical flow, and this speedometer will work just fine. And it has many features – including an LCD screen – that make it worthwhile.
The design of this speedometer is as universal as possible, which means it can fit in a wide range of golf carts and even cars.
And the display screen has a pleasing angle that should make installation in a golf cart dash a little easier than with other models.
- Wide variety of display items
- Useful for various types of cart tests
- Easy installation requires minimal fuss
- Mini USB connector has awkward electrical flow
- May slip without accurate installation
Overview of the TIMPROVE T600 Universal Car HUD
4. AndyTach GPS Speedometer
- This GPS speedometer gauge display speed (0-300) mph, kmh or knots
- High speed recall memory with a single press of a button (sold separately) on the digital display
- This gauge feature instant Speed display, Compass (visual and numeric), and resettable Odometer and trip meter
- The digital display is protected by an Improved flat glass which provide less sun glare on sunny day and a better visibility
- Low speed processing from 0 to 10 mph in tenth, ideal for farming and spreading application
This AndyTach speedometer utilizes multiple display options to create a high-quality product.
For example, it uses both numeric and text displays to highlight your mileage.
It also has a single-button display option that will recall various elements of your previous trips.
Just as importantly, this model is one of the best for low-speed processing.
Many speedometers have a hard time gauging the slower speed of a golf cart, but this AndyTach model is one of the most accurate and reliable golf cart speedometers currently on the market.
- Displays in MPH, KMH, and knots
- Screen has a flare-free design
- GPS service is absolutely free
- May struggle to track small speed changes
- Resets trip meter once the key is off
5. Eling Waterproof GPS Speedometer
- Open a 3-3/8" dimension and 2-3/4" depth hole, put gauge into it and fasten
- Hook up easily, 3 wires connection(power, ground, lighting). This is complete unit, can work directly with gps sensor together, not need other sensor cables. Mount the sensor at any position, on or under the dashboard.
- It takes about 30 seconds to get signal in the first time, but less than 3 seconds after that. It gets quicker under a clear view of the sky. Sometimes if signal is missing, pls. reconnect all wires and restart it.
- It shows current speed and odometer(cannot be reset), no trip meter. If you also need trip meter, pls. search for ASIN B07KPHDFDB, B07KPHC1ML or B07KPG7XT3
- 9-32VDC(12VDC/24VDC) Working Voltage, Red Backlight, 1 year Warranty
Although this Eling speedometer is designed for boats and other aquatic vehicles, you can easily integrate it into your golf cart.
And you should because this model has many benefits.
For example, you can hook up to three different connections to increase the sensitivity of the speedometer but also the range of its GPS monitor at the same time.
Beyond this benefit, this GPS also utilizes a wide array of stopper gauges to read your speed more accurately.
Lower-quality models have fewer stopper gauges and, therefore, don’t have quite the same level of precision.
The more significant number of indicators on this model ensures that your cart’s speed is more accurately read than with many other models on this list.
- Very fast GPS signal connection
- Requires no other sensors
- Very waterproof
- Sometimes shakes while you run
- Design is a little harder to fit into a golf cart
6. Faria 33839 Chesapeake White
Some people want a speedometer that tells them the speed and nothing more.
For example, stylish cart drivers may wish to own a model that matches an old-school aesthetic on their cart.
Or they don’t want to worry about digital displays malfunctioning or messing around with a myriad of options while they are riding on their cart.
This Faria speedometer is very likely the best no-frills speedometer available for golf carts today.
It utilizes a higher degree of accuracy than other speedometers and also looks handsome and appealing.
And its simple attachment mechanism makes it a natural choice for those who want a low-key look for their cart.
- Simple design is easy to understand
- Limited bells and whistles avoids mechanical errors
- Attaches without much of a fuss
- Display is hard to read in the sun
- Price is a bit steep
Overview of the Faria 33839 Chesapeake White
7. TIMPROVE Universal Digital Car HUD
Those who want a simple speedometer that they can plug into their cart’s cigarette lighter will like this model.
The plug and play design enhances the appeal of this model by making it among the easiest to install and use on this list.
And this model also comes with a speed-tracking option, which you can set to warn you if you drive too fast for the conditions or the cart’s engine.
This option is typically more beneficial in a larger automobile but can be a necessity for those operating a wide variety of carts.
- Requires no wiring to read speed
- Works with multiple types of carts
- Gets power through cigarette lighter
- Lacks the consistency of other speedometers
- Display screen can seem muddled at times
8. Samdo 85mm GPS Speedometer
- Universal GPS Speedometer for all car, motorcycle ,boats,and off-road vehicles
- SAMDO Marine Speedometer Characteristic : IP67 waterproof , Rainproof, Dust proof , Anti fogging，Indicating Range: 0-250 Km/h; 0-160MPH
- SAMDO GPS Boat Speedometer Less power consumption, longer life, higher precision，quick location confirmation， short start up time
- SAMDO Marine GPS Speedometer Read from Zero, the mileage is not re-settable, it is like on a car and just keeps adding miles
- The signal comes directly from the satellite signal receiver ( GPS Speed Sensor）, It has power off memory function. Odometer still keep on recording without power.
If you plan on taking your cart out during severe weather conditions – such as during rain or snow storms – this may be the speedometer for you.
This model uses an anti-rain and anti-fogging design to ensure that the speedometer is easy to read and accurate.
And it utilizes a decreased and more efficient power drain to keep your cart’s battery as long-lasting as possible.
Even better, this model uses a power-off memory function that will keep track of your cart’s driving distance and other aspects even after you’ve turned off the cart.
- Mileage cannot be reset, ensuring accuracy
- Easy location confirmation from GPS
- Requires minimal difficult work for installation
- Price is a little high compared to similar models
- A bit barebone in presentation
9. TIMPROVE Universal Car HUD
This upgrade to a previously-rated speedometer has many of the same features as that option.
For example, this model has a design that makes it easy to integrate with just about every type of cart model.
And it has a variety of readouts that make it useful for the avid cart driver.
And yet, this model falls a little further on our list than the other.
The reason for this downgrade is simple – while this model is an upgrade in many aspects, the changes aren’t significant enough to justify the higher asking price.
However, if you find this model at a reasonable price and have the money, it’s still a good option.
- Utilizes a quick-start HUD design
- Tests various elements of your cart, like the brakes and speedup
- Display screen is fairly large
- Higher price may throw off some
- Hard to install
10. VJOYCAR C60s GPS Speedometer
- 【What’s GPS Speedometers?】Collecting speed from GPS satellites. No relation with the car engine, therefore, it’s 100% universal for all vehicles include car, truck, pick-up, suv, scooter, train, motorcycle, bike, boat..
- 【What does the GPS HUD display?】Driving Speed, Single Driving Time and Mileage. Single Driving Mileage is the mileage from ACC is on to ACC is off. If you want total Driving Mileage - Odometer, please choose model C80 or C90.
- 【What’s the speed unit?】KM/H and MPH. Long press the Enter Button, if you see number 100 shown on the screen, which means the speed unit is KM/h, if you see number 161 shown on the screen, which means the speed unit is MPH.
- 【What other functions?】Over-speed alert. Default setting alert value is 120. Adjust the over-speed setting, once over value, it will give a warning. If want to off speed warning, just adjust the over-speed value to a very impossible high value.
- 【How accuracy?】 As usual, it’s 2-5MPH/KMH off from the car engine speed. The display speed could be calibrated by hand easily. Make it 2-5 miles ahead to avoid speed ticket. Fast assistance: email@example.com
Last on our list is this simple speedometer designed for a multitude of vehicles.
With a display screen that lets you see MPH and KPH, this model provides many benefits.
And while its design is nothing too fancy, it certainly gets the job done and makes installation easier to handle.
And with a rotating holder, this speedometer is easy to read in a variety of driving situations.
However, a few downsides drive this option down our list a little.
While it’s still one of the best choices on the market, it just can’t rise any higher than where we’ve ranked it.
- Alarm tracks your speed
- Quick startup speed
- Minimal adjustment necessary
- Display screen is a bit bare bones
- May struggle to track very slow speeds
Overview of the VJOYCAR C60s GPS Speedometer
Tips When Using A Golf Cart Speedometer
It is important when shopping for your golf cart speedometer that you ensure it matches the tires also.
For your golf cart to be street legal, having a speedometer is one of the requirements.
While it’s very important to ensure you meet all the street-legal requirements, also know that a golf cart must be driven on streets that are 35mph or less. This makes having an accurate golf cart speedometer very important.