If you have been looking for a great golf GPS, but you don’t want to break the bank, you are in the right place.
A Golf GPS can make the game much easier for players who are unsure about distances.
Some golf courses are marked well, and others are not, the GPS makes the game fair for all players.
Here are our top ten best Golf GPS for under $200.
Top 10 Best Golf GPS Under $200
1. Bushnell Phantom Golf GPS
- Bluetooth allows for wireless course updates
- Long battery life - play up to 2 rounds before charging
- Preloaded with 36,000 courses in 30 countries
- Easy-to-use interface
- Up to 4 hazard distances per hole
- Auto course recognition
- Auto hole advance
- Integrated BITE magnetic mount sticks to any metal surface
- Includes clip holder to attach to your bag or belt
- Bushnell Golf App included with purchase
- Preloaded with 36,000 courses
- Gives accurate and straightforward yardages
At the top of our list is the Bushnell Phantom Golf GPS.
Bushnell will be at the top of many lists when it comes to distance measuring devices in golf.
Bushnell is known for its ease of use and accuracy.
This Phantom is an excellent tool as it has a long battery life, and comes with plenty of golf courses.
You will be able to play two full rounds of golf before having to charge your Phantom.
When you show up at the golf course, you won’t have anything to do but turn on your GPS device.
The Phantom is capable of recognizing the golf course you are playing within seconds of turning it on.
The Bushnell is a Bluetooth wireless device that will automatically download any necessary course updates.
When you look at the screen of the Bushnell, it is effortless and easy to follow.
You will get a large number that shows the distance to the center of the green.
You also get two smaller numbers that represent the front and the back of the green.
The Bushnell Phantom is magnetic so that it will stick to the bar of your golf cart.
If you want to get 3D course flyovers and more information on each hole, you can download the Bushnell app on your phone and use that in addition to the GPS.
Overall this is an affordable and easy to use option that makes a GPS a smart decision for any golfer.
- Long battery life
- Preloaded with lots of courses
- Easy to use
- Does not give hole flyover on the actual unit
2. Garmin Approach G10, Compact and Handheld Golf GPS
- Compact Design - Sleek, Pocket-Sized Design That Conveniently Clips-On To Your Belt, Bag Or Place It In Your Pocket
- Hazards - Hazards And Course Targets To Identify Locations Of Sand Traps, Water Hazards And More
- Gps Receiver - High-Sensitivity Gps Acquires Satellites Quickly To Show Distance To Greens, Hazards And Doglegs -Even Under Tree Cover
- Green View - Displays The Shape Of The Green With Manual Pin Placement
- Stat Tracking - Enhanced Stats Keeps Track Of Fairways Hit, Greens In Regulation And Putts Per Round
- Display size: 0.9” x 0.9” (23 x 23 mm)
- Very small
- Clips to the belt or golf bag
- Gives locations of hazards
The Garmin Approach G10 is a very compact GPS Unit for golf.
This is an option that you can attach to your belt or your golf bag.
Some people will not like how small this unit is, but we love that the compact size won’t be more gear to carry when you play.
The actual display size is about one inch by one inch.
The Garmin Approach G10 will show the distance to greens but also show you how far it is to a dogleg or a hazard.
You can move the pin on the green to get a better idea of where your ball is and exactly how far it is.
One of the best things about the Garmin is the ability to track your stats.
If you are starting to take the game more seriously and you want an idea of greens to hit, fairways hit, and putts, this is an excellent option for you.
- Stat tracking
- Compact size
- Attaches to belt
- Some find the small display difficult to see
3. Garmin Approach S20 GPS Golf Watch with Autoshot
- Autoshot round analyzer measures shot distances with auto recording for post round analysis on your Garmin Connect account
- Stylish comfort: Fully hinged, sleek watchband design with comfortable fit. Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels. Smartphone compatibility - iPhone, Android
- Truswing compatible: When paired, Garmin TruSwing golf swing sensor provides metrics to improve your swing consistency. Display size: 0.9 x 0.9 (inches)
- Activity tracking: Reminds you to stay active on or off the course with move bar alerts. Displays steps, calories burned, distance and time of day, plus it monitors hours of sleep
- Stat tracking: Enhanced stats keeps track of fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round. Strap material: Silicone
- Sunlight readable, high resolution, monochrome. Connectivity : Bluetooth Smart and ANT+
- Shot analysis
- Auto recording of stats
If you like a golf GPS that sits on your wrist during play, the Garmin Approach S20 is a great choice.
This is very easy to see watch with a sleek band and a comfortable fit.
You can connect this watch with your iPhone or Android and use the Garmin app to keep track of your golf game.
Whether you want to see how your distances are improving or your greens hit have changed, the Garmin app will give you this information.
You can pair your Garmin Approach with the TruSwing golf sensor to get even more metrics and information.
In addition to tracking your golf ability, your Garmin can be used to help you improve physically as well.
You can track your calories burned, the steps you take, and even your sleep.
One thing with the golf GPS tools is that they can be challenging to see in the direct sunlight.
Luckily the Garmin is sunlight readable and has a high resolution.
- Reminds you to stay active
- Helps you track your golf game
- Can be combined with TruSwing sensor
- Must be worn on the wrist
4. Izzo Golf Swami Voice Clip GPS, Small, Yellow
- Precise Measurements: Our clip-on golf GPS devices provide accurate distances to the front, center, and back of the green
- Clip-On & Handheld GPS: Our handheld GPS units come preloaded with over 38,000 global course maps and require no subscription fees
- Multiple Display Options: The ultimate on-course golf accessories, our handheld GPS units feature multiple display orientation options - rotate the screen to view the center-to-green distance in a larger font
- Digital Scorekeeper: Our golf GPS includes a digital scorekeeper that saves scores and shot distance measurements
- Compact Design: Our golf GPS measures 2.5'' x 1.25'' x .5''
- Voice capabilities
- No subscription fees
- 38,000 courses
The Izzo Golf Swami Voice Clip GPS is an excellent unit if you have trouble seeing yardages on a GPS.
The Izzo cannot only display the yardages to the front back and center, but it will also tell you what the yardages are.
You will have no subscription fees and no download fees to get this course with 38,000 courses.
The Izzo is very reasonably priced and also offers a digital scorecard to help you keep track of your game while playing.
When you turn the Izzo, the yardage will move accordingly so you can have it display; however, it appeals best to you.
Keep in mind that your Izzo will come with a clip that allows you to attach it to your belt, your hat, or even your golf bag.
Although the screen is not extremely large, the main number to the center of the green will display largely.
- No download fees
- Comes with 38,000 courses
- Will speak and display the yardages
- Does not offer yardages to hazards
5. TecTecTec ULT-G Golf GPS Watch, Preloaded Worldwide Courses
- Automatic hole progression
- Distances to hazard
You may not have heard about the TecTecTec brand, but they make a wide range of golf GPS and distance finding devices.
The TecTecTec ULT is a golf GPS Watch that comes preloaded with over 38,000 courses.
You also get a traditional watch with this device, so you will make sure you are on time for all of your tee times.
The ULT-G is a straightforward model, and there are not a ton of features.
Some golfers enjoy being able to look down and just see a simple number.
When you show up to a golf course, your watch will automatically find where you are and start the golf round immediately.
This is a nice feature when moving from one hole to the next and trying to make sure you are in the right spot.
The watch itself is a durable design.
You will find that this is a water-resistant model, so if you get caught in a quick rain shower, you do not need to worry so much.
Certainly, we don’t recommend taking the watch for a swim.
You get two rounds of golf with your TecTecTec ULT before you have to charge it up.
- Automatically starts the course
- Easy to read
- Watch type design
- Also tells time
- Does not offer very many features
- No shot tracking
6. Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors Featuring Golf’s First-Ever A.I. Powered GPS Rangefinder
- Winner of four-straight Golf Digest Editor’s Choice Awards for “Best Game Analyzer, ” Arccos Caddie is golf’s first and only fully-automatic performance tracking system. It features 14 sensors, one for every club in your bag.
- Access to the award winning Arccos Caddie app, golf’s Smartest Caddie.
- Automatic shot tracking, hands-free fully automatic data capture.
- A. I. Powered GPS Rangefinder, first-ever rangefinder that adjusts in real-time for wind (including gusts), elevation, temperature, humidity and altitude providing the most precise yardage in the game the Arccos Caddie Number.
- Personalized Caddie Advice that leverages A. I. to provide you with your optimal strategy.
- Smart Distance Club Averages, know how far to actually hit all your clubs so you select the right one for every shot.
- Strokes Gained Analytics with personalized insights using A.I. to highlight strengths and weaknesses and guide your practice & equipment choices
- Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors include the first year’s membership to the Arccos Caddie app
- Great for analyzing golf game
- Sensors for golf clubs
- Lets you know how far you hit your clubs
The Arccos technology is something that has been incorporated in some golf clubs for a few years now.
Any of the Cobra golf clubs come with a sensor that allows you to download the Arccos app and track your game.
The great news is that you don’t have to purchase new Cobras just to be able to have access to this technology.
This kit comes with fourteen sensors that you can add to your golf clubs.
Not only does this GPS give you the distances to the hole, but it can also give you the stats you need to choose a club.
If your Arccos app knows that you hit your seven iron 145 yards on average and your distance to the center is 147, they will recommend a club for you.
You can use the GPS without the smart caddie function, and it won’t cost you any extra money.
However, if you want to use the top of the line technology to get more information, including wind, elevation, temperature, and humidity, you will need the subscription.
The Arccos subscription is $99.00 a year.
If you play quite a bit of golf, this is going to be a cost that you will have an easier time justifying.
Indeed, this artificial intelligence technology can bring your game to a whole new level.
We love the Arccos technology for the player that misses a lot of greens.
You may be missing greens because you are choosing the wrong club.
- Option for high-end caddie technology
- Comes with sensor for clubs
- Very helpful to learn your yardages and get accurate stats
- Need subscriptions for all features
7. GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS/Rangefinder Bundle with Ball Marker and Magnetic Hat Clip
- Golf Buddy Voice 2 GPS bundle includes 1 Magnetic Hat Clip And 1Ball Marker (Clover)
- PLAY MODE - Provides yards (or meters) to the front, back and center of the green of the course hole being played
- SHOT DISTANCE MEASUREMENT - Measure the distance covered by each golf shot
- DYNAMIC GREEN VIEW - View current hole number, par information, and shape of the green for current hole
- MULTI-LINGUAL - Choose between 11 display languages, 8 preloaded
- Comes with a hat clip and ball marker
- Provides yardage
- Speaks in different languages
The Golf Buddy Voice 2 GPS comes as a bundle.
With this unit, you are going to get a hat clip and a ball marker as well as a GPS device.
You can set the Golf Buddy GPS to work in yards or meters, and it will give you distances to the center back and middle of each green.
If you don’t like trying to read what it says on a small display screen, then you can press a button and have the Golf Buddy recite the yardages for you.
You can choose between eleven display languages, and eight are already preloaded on the GPS unit.
Although the Golf Buddy does not give you a complete flyover of each hole, you can see the shape of the green for each hole.
We love that you will not need a subscription for the Golf Buddy and when you show up at the course to use it that day, it will be ready for you.
- Multiple languages
- Voice technology
- Low price
- Comes with a ball marker
- Not as many features as some of the other units
8. Golf Buddy Aim W10 GPS Watch aim W10 Golf GPS Watch, Black, Medium
- Advanced Smart Golf GPS Watch with 1 Extra Black Wristband
- 1. 3” Full colour LCD display with responsive touch screen
- The 10-hour battery life in Golf mode lasts for up to 2 rounds of golf- rechargeable via USB
- Green Undulation data to show the slopes of the green. GOLFBUDDY has 51 percent of US golf course green undulations
- Preloaded with 40, 000 courses in over 170 countries with free wireless course updates via Bluetooth with the smartphone app
- Long battery life
- Amazing graphics
- Full-color display
We have already given you one Golf Buddy option, but this is their more top of the line watch option.
The Golf Buddy has some of the best graphics that you will find on any golf GPS watch.
If you are a visual player that likes clean images and colors, you will love the Golf Buddy Aim.
The display is large, even though this is a watch.
You will be able to use this Golf Buddy for three rounds of golf before you need to charge it.
The watch features a zoom function that helps you see what things look like around the greens.
The Golf Buddy Aim is going to come with 40,000 golf courses preloaded.
The golf courses are not limited just to the US; many international courses are already loaded into your wireless golf GPS unit.
There is an app on your smartphone that pairs with your watch and keep things automatically updated for you at all times.
We love that you can see in color the hazards on each hole.
Sometimes seeing the pond or sand trap makes it much easier on a player than just having a number to look at.
The Golf Buddy Aim also works as a step tracker, which gives it a great combination of both fitness and golf watch.
- Great graphics and display
- Pairs to smartphone
- Comes with 40,000 golf courses
- Full-color display
- Priced a little higher than some other choices
9. GoGolf GPS Clip-On Handsfree Bluetooth Golf GPS Rangefinder to Track Distance
- ✔️ PREPARED, ANYWHERE - The GoGolf GPS app accesses over 30,000 global courses, supported in 35 languages, and reports in both audio and text so you’re always prepared, wherever you play.
- ✔️ HEAR THE DISTANCE - Improve your score without pulling out any devices, Simply press the button on the GoGolf GPS unit and hear the distance to the center of the green and or last shot. Some may almost call it cheating, we call it being discreet. For best results, keep your phone within 10 feet and your volume all the way up
- ✔️ CONVENIENT - Clip GoGolf GPS to your glasses, visor, cap or shirt. No more reaching for your phone or your device – just tap, listen and swing.
- ✔️ CONNECT VIA BLUETOOTH - Compatible with both Android and iOS devices, GoGolf GPS connects via Bluetooth and gives you the exact distance of your last shot and the distance to the center of the green every time.
- ✔️ INNOVATIVE APP - GoGolf GPS is designed to work with Android and Apple iOS Devices and can be found in the Apple App store or Google Play store. Our intuitive app is user-friendly with large icons for easy operation. Access over 30,000 courses globally, there’s no reason you can’t improve your score with GoGolf GPS.
- Hear the distance
- No frills option
- Lower price
If you are a no thrills kind of person that just wants simple yardage to the center of the green, the GoGolf is the way to go!
This is a simple unit that will clip to the inside of your hat.
When you need yardage, your GPS will simply speak the yardage out loud.
The GoGolf comes preloaded with 30,000 golf courses and supports 35 languages.
All you need to do is press a button on the unit, and it will speak the results to the center of the green.
If you keep your phone within the close distance, you can make sure you get the best results.
For golfers that like to walk and don’t want a lot of extra gear on them, we love the GoGolf GPS.
You can simply clip this to your visor, cap or shirt and press a button.
In addition to getting the distance to the center of the green, you also get the distance of your last shot.
This can be helpful for you to start to learn how far you hit the shots.
The large icons and buttons make this a unit that a golfer of any age or ability can benefit from.
- Easy to use
- Simple design
- Easy to hear
- No display or images
- Only can hear the yardage
10. Bushnell Neo Ion 2 Golf GPS Watch
- Reversible band
- 36,000 courses
- Long battery life
Last but certainly not least on our list is the Bushnell Neo Ion 2 Golf GPS Watch.
Bushnell makes some high-quality distance measuring devices, and the Neo is no exception.
This watch comes with more than 36,000 courses preloaded and ready for you to play.
You can play three complete rounds with your Bushnell before you need to charge it.
The display and the yardages you get are going to be very clear and easy to read.
Your watch will automatically be updated using its Bluetooth capabilities.
We like that this is a sporty looking watch that will hold up well to many rounds and even some sweat from a player.
The band is reversible to give you some variety in the look.
- Download accompanying app for more features
- Easy to read
- Preloaded course
- Not a color display
A golf GPS can bring some welcome changes to your game.
Having an idea of how far you hit the ball can make you a much more accurate player.
The fact that you can get this much technology for less than $200 is a great thing.
You will just have to decide if you want to wear your GPS on your wrist, hold it in your hand, or attach it to your cart.