Whether you’re a golfer or an outdoor enthusiast, golf carts provide many fun and unforgettable experiences. And if you plan on using this vehicle during the cold early spring, late fall, and winter months, you need to consider investing in a high-quality golf cart heater.
Best Golf Cart Heaters
The following golf cart heaters include some of the best on the market today. Each review will highlight key features, including pros and cons, and a price and link to where you can purchase each model.
1. Mr. Heater MH4GC
No products found.
This Mr. Heater model is our choice for the best golf cart heater for a variety of reasons. These include a high-quality windscreen, a tip-over safety switch and an oxygen depletion sensor that protects you from problems while on the golf course.
- 4,000 BTU radiant design
- Push-button operation
- Tiered cup holder
- Sometimes hard to find
- Price may be high
2. PROWARM Fan Forced Ceramic Portable Electric Heater
No products found.
Those who want a low-cost heater should consider this option. As an electrical model, it is safer than a propane heater, more comfortable to transport, and doesn’t require swapping out tanks. These benefits make it a good choice for those on a budget.
- Minimally noise design
- Easy portability
- Multiple heating options
- Requires electrical output
- Engine not the most powerful on the market
3. Coleman SportCat PerfecTemp Catalytic Heater
- 1,500 BTU unit runs up to 14 hours on one 16.4-oz. propane cylinder (sold separately)
- PerfecTemp Catalytic technology for safe, efficient flameless heat -- at the game, in the tent, in the garage or around the home
- Easy-grip handle for convenient carrying
- Tie heater to most surfaces with built-in eyelets
- Detachable base stabilizes heater
This simple heater slides easily onto a propane tank and produces 1,500 BTU for over 14 hours. The flameless design keeps you safe from burns and avoids accidents if your golf cart hits some bumpy roads. And the easy-grip handle makes it simple to carry.
- Detachable base keeps heater safe
- May be used at home or in a cart
- Easy to tie to many surfaces
- May be bulky for some drivers
4. 3G Portable Propane Heater
Capable of producing 3,000 BTU, this heater provides you with the warmth you need on chilly days. Each 16-ounce propane tank will offer seven hours of heating, which is about the industry standard. And the ceramic heating elements prevent heat damage to the unit during extended trips.
- Stainless steel design minimizes dangers
- Includes one cup holder
- Matchless ignition system
- Requires regular maintenance
- Tricky operation for some users
5. Comfort Zone CZ707 Personal Heater
- ☀️ENERGY-SAVING PERFORMANCE: Cut down on heating costs with this reliable and efficient electric portable heater. Engineered to be both safe and durable, this heater offers impressive energy efficiency while delivering powerful warmth. With its compact design and robust 1500 Watt performance, it is perfect for providing targeted heating in spaces like garages or workshops. Experience cost-effective heating without compromising on performance, ensuring a comfortable environment while being mindful of energy consumption.
- ☀️VERSATILE HEATING OPTIONS: Take control of your comfort with this versatile utility heater featuring three powerful settings. Select between low and high heat settings to suit your heating needs, ensuring optimal warmth in any situation. Additionally, enjoy the convenience of a fan-only setting that provides a refreshing breeze during warmer seasons, eliminating the need for additional appliances. With this multi-functional heater, you have the flexibility to customize your heating experience and create the perfect environment for any occasion.
- ☀️CUSTOMIZED COMFORT CONTROL: Take charge of your comfort zone effortlessly with the adjustable rotary thermostat featured on this compact utility heater. With a simple twist, you can easily find and set the perfect temperature to suit your preferences. Whether you prefer a cozy warmth or a milder heat, this adjustable thermostat allows you to create your ideal environment with ease. Enjoy personalized comfort at your fingertips with this convenient and user-friendly feature.
- ☀️PRIORITIZING SAFETY: With your well-being in mind, this portable utility heater comes equipped with essential safety features for worry-free operation. The power and caution indicator lights provide clear visual cues, allowing you to easily monitor the status of the heater. Additionally, an overheat protection sensor is in place to automatically detect and prevent overheating, ensuring safe usage at all times. Rest assured knowing that your safety is paramount, allowing you to enjoy the cozy warmth provided by this heater with peace of mind.
- ☀️ROBUST AND EASILY MOBILE: Built to last, this portable heater features a sturdy stay-cool metal housing that ensures durability and longevity. Its robust construction provides reliable protection while delivering efficient heating. Additionally, the convenient carry handle adds to its portability, allowing you to effortlessly transport the heater from one location to another. Whether you need warmth in different rooms or want to bring it along for outdoor activities, this heater's durable design and practical handle make it a reliable companion.
This multi-use personal heater is easily-adaptable for use with a golf cart, though it may also be used for camping and in a home. Its simple and compact design is an industry-standard style that works well and which creates an efficient air flow in your cart.
- Multiple settings for maximum efficiency
- Tough metal housing resists damage
- Minimal operational noise
- Fan-forced heat isn’t as warming as other models
- May seem small to some users
6. Climate Caddy Heater
Those who want an electrical heater may enjoy this model. It includes a bi-level vent system that lets you point air exactly where you want. And the electronic eye automatically turns the unit on and off based on your position in the cart.
- Battery is easy to recharge
- Minimal noise when operating
- Designed for universal cart use
- Cost is very high
- Battery-operated power is lower than other heaters
7. Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater
This budget-priced Texsport golf cart heater produces up to 3,000 BTU off of a 16-ounce propane cylinder. That level of heat production is outstanding for a model of this price. And driving tests show that it won’t tip over during extended and bumpy cart trips.
- Paddlefoot base provides extra stability
- Shutoff valve turns off fuel when flame goes out
- Stainless steel design
- A bit top heavy on propane tanks
- Flame-based design may feel unsafe
8. OnCourse Golf Cart Heater
Portability is the primary goal of this simple heater. It features a compact design that takes minutes to install or breakdown. And the powerful heating element provides a reasonable output that should keep you warm on even the coldest days of the year.
- Carrying case makes this a very portable unit
- Useful for multiple heating scenarios
- Light, but sturdy, design feels reliable
- Lengthy cool down may be frustrating
- Takes 30 seconds to start
9. Portable Golf Cart Propane Heater
- Operates up to 7 hours on 16.4 oz. propane tank (not included)
- Includes holder which fits in most golf cart dashes
- Supplies up to 5000 BTUs of heat
- Features a pressure regulator set screw on the back side to fine tune the flow of propane. If you have trouble lighting the heater, this set screw will get it going as needed.
- Please refer to page 1 and 2 of the instruction manual for lighting troubleshooting
Though this basic propane heater is pretty standard for the industry, it does provide many great features. For example, the screw-on design takes minutes to learn and master, and the ignition switch requires no fussing with matches or dangerous pilot lights.
- Simple design is easy to understand
- Stabilizing base keeps heater focused on you
- Adjustable heat prevents overheating
- Changing the tank may be expensive
- No real “aha!” feature separating it from other tanks
10. Optimus H-3001 Compact Utility Heater
- 2 Heat settings (750 and 1500 watts/5118 BTU), Fan Only Setting * 4 Position Function Switch (Off, Fan, Low and Hi) * Automatic Thermostat Control * Internal Heat Limiting Thermostat * Thermal Cut-off Safety Device * Overheat Protection Circuit with Warning (Alert) Light * Power Indicator Light * Durable and Heavy Gauge Sheet Metal Cabinet
This small fan is designed to be among the most portable on the market. Its compact design helps keep down the cost but provides you with a robust heating solution. The built-in handle is a particularly lovely design choice for this small heater.
- Compact design is perfect for golf carts
- Warning light prevents overheating
- Multiple heating options
- Some may find the model flimsy
- Heat level isn’t incredibly high
How to Use a Golf Cart Heater
Operating a golf cart heater is a fairly simple process and includes the steps outlined below:
- 1. Attach the heater to its power source. This step includes plugging in an electrical heater to the cigarette lighter or power plug on your cart or adding a propane tank to the base of the heater.
- 2. Carefully position your heater. Place your base on your heater – if it has one – and place it somewhere in the cart that won’t interfere with your driving. Many will fit right inside of the cart’s cup holder.
- 3. Choose your level of heat. Typically, most golf cart heaters have several heating options. Pick which one suits your needs and let it run at that level.
- 4. Check your heater as you golf. Make sure to turn off your heater when you’re out of the cart to avoid draining your battery or your propane tank.
- 5. Remove the heater when you’re done golfing. Carefully unplug or unscrew your heater – after waiting 10-15 minutes to cool it down – and remove it from your cart.
Benefits of a Golf Cart Heater
Golf cart owners interested in a heater need to fully understand the many benefits of these tools. Just a few of the advantages you’ll receive when buying a golf cart heater include:
- Keeps your cart comfortable for long drives
- Easy installation on most carts
- Improves your game by warming your hands
- Makes golfing more fun for younger children
- Creates relaxing outdoor use during hunting seasons
- Minimizes cold-related issues with your cart
Golf Cart Heater FAQ
Though golf cart heaters are relatively simple devices, many consumers have questions about their operation. The following golf cart heater questions are among the most frequently asked and most important to understand.
Q: Are golf cart heaters safe?
Golf cart heaters utilize many different safety devices to keep them safe. Make sure to follow all operational guidelines to improve the safety of your cart, such as using the proper firing and heating methods for your heater.
Q: What does the tip-over switch do?
A good golf cart heater should have a tip-over switch that automatically turns the heater off when it falls. This switch protects you from fires if you leave your heater running in the cart. Make sure to keep your heater balanced to prevent this danger.
Q: Are electric or propane heaters better?
Your choice of heaters will depend on your taste. Many prefer the low-price of the propane heater while others pick electric to avoid buying propane tanks all the time. Electrical heaters may drain your cart battery, however, and often don’t have the same BTU output as propane tanks.
Q: What maintenance should I perform on my heater?
Most golf cart heaters require minimal maintenance to keep them running smoothly. Check the heating head for any dirt to avoid nasty burning smells or fire dangers. And make sure to keep the screens from breaks to prevent any other complications. Other issues, such as wiring, should be checked by professionals.
Q: My heater won’t light! What is wrong?
Make sure to check the connections between your heater and the power source before assuming a more severe issue affects your unit. Sometimes, the tank may not be attached correctly, or the plug shook loose while you drove. Other problems may include shorts in the wiring or a drained battery or propane tank.
Q: Why is my heater so loud?
Heaters should make a slight hum while they operate. Others may produce louder noises even when working correctly. However, loud rattling noises or sudden clanks may indicate a more severe problem and should be immediately checked to avoid issues. For example, a heating element may be loose and rattling in your unit.
Q: Where’s the best place to put a golf cart heater?
Try to place the heater so that it is close to you without being too stifling. For example, a distance of about 3-4 feet should provide you with a maximum level of warmth without causing discomfort. Place the heater on a flat surface, whenever possible, to ensure it doesn’t tip over.