Did you know that your golf umbrella makes a great shade as well?
Golfers who spend a lot of time walking the golf course know that an umbrella is not just for protecting yourself from the rain, but from the sun as well.
Golf umbrellas can come in handy, and they serve multiple purposes when out on the course.
If you find yourself in the market for a golf umbrella, make sure you purchase a good one.
Some of the cheaper golf umbrellas won’t get you through a day on the course, let alone a season.
Here are our top ten best golf umbrellas on the market.
Top 10 Best Golf Umbrellas
1. G4Free 62/68 Inch UV Protection Golf Umbrella Auto Open Vented Double Canopy Oversize Extra Large Windproof Sun Rain Umbrellas
- UPF 50+ UV Protection Umbrella. Silver coating fabric reflects heat to cool you down; 50+ UPF rating to block 99% of the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB solar rays. Keep you cool in the sun and safe in the rain!
- 62 Inch Extra Large Umbrella. 62’’ arc, 52’’ diameter, this G4Free oversize umbrella is big enough to protect two people or more. Suitable for men and women, family or lovers!
- Strong Windproof. Reinforced durable fiberglass frame, 8 ribs construction, and double-canopy venting system for the wind to pass out, which prevents this sturdy umbrella from inverting during high winds; This windproof umbrella is built to protect from sun, rain, hail, snow, and sleet.
- Auto-Open. The automatic umbrella opens with just one click of a button located on the ergonomic EVA grip handle. Umbrella comes with a matching shoulder strap sleeve for convenient carry and storage.
- Occasion. This UV protection umbrella fits into most golf cart umbrella mounts and would be an excellent choice for the golf course because it will block the sun and repel rain. You can also use it as a beach umbrella, patio umbrella, or even a large sun umbrella to watch a soccer/baseball game or concert.
- UPF Rated
- Large 62 inches
- Reinforced fiberglass frame
At the top of our list is the G4 Free 62” umbrella.
We love the large size of this umbrella and the fact that it offers added protection from the sun.
In our intro, we mentioned that, when you choose a great golf umbrella, you need to consider sun protection as well as rain protection.
The umbrella has double canopy venting to help wind pass through, instead of the wind taking your umbrella away.
There is a one-click open which allows you to open your umbrella in a matter of seconds.
The G4 Free will fit into the most golf cart or push cart umbrella mounts.
The only real downside of this particular umbrella is that it is a little bit large.
If you want something lightweight to keep on your bag at all times, this might not be the right choice.
The G4 is a great overall option to consider, and it comes in several colors.
- Multiple use umbrella
- Great for sun protection
- Fits in most golf cart mounts
- Very large for keeping on your bag at all times
2. Callaway Golf 68” Tour Authentic Umbrella
- Ergonomic, Non-slip Molded Handle
- Automatic Push Button Operation
- UV 50+ Protective Coating
- Ventilation Holes for Wind Pass-through
- Lightweight Fiberglass Shaft
- Automatic Open
- Ventilation Holes
- Lightweight Fiberglass shaft
If you want a true PGA Tour Umbrella like the professionals use, the Callaway Tour Authentic is a great choice.
This is certainly a top-of-the-line umbrella built for long term use.
Even though the Callaway is an extensive 68-inch umbrella, it has a lightweight fiberglass shaft.
Although this is an umbrella you can keep on your bag at all times, it may be a little heavy if you are walking and carrying your bag.
You may want to look into the smaller Callaway golf umbrellas for a permanent fixture to your golf bag.
We love that the Tour Authentic has a UV protection factor of 50.
If you have been looking for something that is a good mix of sun and wind protection, this is a great choice.
The automatic push-button open will have you covered in a matter of seconds.
If you want to put this golf bag on a pushcart, you will be glad it has the ventilation holes for wind pass-through.
The holes make it much easier for you to walk on a windy day without having to stop and adjust the umbrella continually.
Another great feature is the ergonomic handles.
- UV protection
- Tour style
- Automatic push button open
- Very expensive
3. Under Armour Unisex-Adult Golf Umbrella Single Canopy 62-inch
- UA Storm1 technology repels water to protect you & your gear from the elements
- Dual action opening
- Sporty look
- Easy to wash
- 62 inches
The Under Armour Adult Golf Umbrella is a 62-inch black umbrella built for keeping you and your clubs protected from the rain.
We like this option for the golfer who is looking for an excellent solution to keep on their golf bag at all times.
It has a dual-action opening system and a textured rubber handle.
The Under Armour is a reasonably priced umbrella, but it does not have the same UV protection some of the other options on the market have.
The rain protection the Under Armour gives is very well done, allowing the water to repel off with ease and truly keeps you dry.
- Repels water
- Rubber handle with an excellent grip
- Large covering to keep you protected from the rain
- Fair pricing
- Not the best for wind or sun protection
4. Titleist Players Folding Golf Umbrella
- Performance in all weather conditions
- Integrated proprietary designs
- Enhanced Features: Anti-inversion, ergonomic handle
- Package Dimensions: 44" L x 6" W x 6" H
- Great for all weather conditions
- High-quality materials
Next on our list is the Titleist Folding golf umbrella.
This umbrella is a much smaller scale than the other options we have reviewed.
The Titleist is a folding design that will perform well should a storm break out while you are out on the course.
The total diameter of the umbrella is 44 inches, which is going to be a little smaller scale than other options.
This is what makes the Titleist a great option to keep in your bag at all times.
When the Titleist umbrella is folded, it is only going to take up about fourteen inches of space.
You can keep this inside your golf bag or use the umbrella straps on the outside of your bag.
The Titleist umbrellas always come with the proprietary Titleist logo.
Even if you aren’t a great player, the Titleist logo makes you look as though you are.
We love the Titleist umbrella for a quality long term, lightweight option to keep in your bag.
If you want something for week in and week out sun protection, this may not be your best choice.
- Folds up easily
- High-quality material
- Wind can pass through
- Not great for sun protection
5. The Weatherman Umbrella – Golf Umbrella Made with Teflon-Coated Fabric and Withstands Winds Up to 55 MPH – Available in 2 Sizes and 5 Colors (62 inches, Black)
- STORM PROOF - Our wind resistant umbrellas will stand up to drops, falls, breaking and inverting. The Golf Umbrella is designed to withstand winds of 55mph.
- CHOICE OF THE PROS - The Weatherman Golf Umbrella is the winner of the Golf Digest Editors' Choice award for four years running in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and is the Official Umbrella Supplier of the U.S. Ryder Cup Team.
- SUN PROTECTION - Our Golf Umbrella comes with added sun protection with a UPF 50+ barrier, protecting you from harmful UV when on or off the course, making it the perfect umbrella rain or shine.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Our umbrellas are guaranteed by a lifetime warranty that covers any malfunction or defect to the handle, frame, canopy, or anything else that functionally impairs the umbrella. Please note that this guarantee does not cover natural wear and tear, misuse, and damages caused by improper care.
- Can handle high winds
- High-end strength
- Comes in two sizes
The Weatherman is a true golfer’s umbrella.
Not only will you get the UPF 50 protection, but you will get tons of rain and wind protection as well.
The fabric on the Weatherman is Teflon coated and has been tested in winds up to 55mph.
If you want something that will work for you in any weather condition, the Weatherman is an excellent choice.
This is an expensive umbrella, but it truly will last you a very long time.
You can choose between five different colors to make sure your Weatherman matches your golf bag.
Another great feature of the Weatherman umbrella is that it comes in two different sizes: 68 and 62 inches.
This is an excellent option for those who want something just a bit smaller on their bag but still have plenty of extra protection from the elements.
- UPF 50, Teflon coated fabric
- Made with strong fiberglass
- Great for rain and wind
- Premium pricing
6. TaylorMade TM Manual Open Single Canopy Umbrella, 60-Inch, White
- Single canopy umbrella
- Manual spring mechanism with red fiberglass ribs
- TaylorMade brand-mark printed logos
- Ergonomically correct black textured contour rubber grip
- Measures 60-inch size
- Low pricing
- Single canopy
- TaylorMade logo
TaylorMade makes several golf umbrellas.
They try to appeal to the different needs of golfers through their variety of umbrella options.
This particular option is a lightweight, inexpensive, single canopy umbrella.
The single canopy options are not that great for use in high winds, but they are much lighter to carry around.
The TaylorMade Single Canopy is sixty inches wide, so it will give you plenty of protection from the rain or the sun.
Using this as a sun protector on your pushcart is an excellent choice as long as there is not much wind during the day.
Of course, with the lower pricing and simplistic features of this TaylorMade golf umbrella, it is going to be a manual open.
Manually opening an umbrella is not challenging to do, and some people find that, long term, manual umbrellas have fewer parts that will break.
The rubber grip of this TaylorMade umbrella makes it easy to carry and maneuver should you be playing a few holes in the rain.
- 60-inch size
- Easy to carry and hold
- Single canopy, not as good in the wind
7. LANBRELLA Golf Umbrella 62/68 Inch Auto Open, 80 Inch Manual Open Double Canopy Vented Stick Umbrella Extra Large Oversize for Men and Women
- OVERSIZED GOLF UMBRELLA FOR RAIN AND WIND: This LANBRELLA Ultimate extra large golf umbrella is large size golf umbrella. It is suitable for sports, business, beach vacation, play golf and daily life. There are 62 inch, 68 inch and 80 inch different oversize umbrellas, perfect in both metropolitan city and sports field!
- WINDPROOF VENTED DOUBLE CANOPY: LANBRELLA golf umbrella build with vented DOUBLE CANOPY construction which allows the wind to pass through the vents, making the umbrella much easier to handle in harsh conditions without getting flipped or inverted easily in the wind.
- HEAVY DUTY DESIGN, BUILD STRONG TO FIGHT THE WIND: LANBRELLA golf umbrella is made by 100% wind resistant fiberglass. The high quality wind resistant fiber glass frame will ensure that your umbrella is superior strength to fight the strong wind.
- AUTO OPEN UMBRELLA with COMFORTABLE ERGONOMIC GRIP: It is very convenient to auto open the LANBRELLA golf umbrella only by pressing the button on the ergonomic handle. LANBRELLA golf umbrella with 62 inch and 68 inch are convenient auto open umbrellas. Just push the button, it will open gently like a gentleman. You do not need to wait for another second to open the umbrella when the rain comes suddenly, especially in heavy rainfall.
- PERFECT AFTER-SALE SERVICE. If there are any quality problems with your umbrella, we will provide a new replacement free of charge and no return required within 90 days. Reach out with us FIRST for all after-sale services need. We will get back to you ASAP, please just be patient.
- Very low pricing
- Great for more than just golf
If you have been waiting for us to review a budget golf umbrella, you are in luck with the Lanbrella Golf Umbrella.
You can purchase the Lambrella in 62-, 68-, or even 80-inch sizes.
The 80 inches is a bit big for playing golf.
Although these umbrellas offer a ton of value, their fabric is certainly not as durable as something like the Weatherman we reviewed.
The fiberglass frame will help to make sure the umbrella holds up in the rain.
We like that the double-vented canopy helps wind pass through so you won’t end up with an inverted umbrella by the end of your round.
The Lanbrella comes in four different colors that are very neutral and should work to match with any of your current golf equipment.
The 62-inch umbrella will end up being about forty inches tall when it is wrapped up, so you will need to store it on the outside of your golf bag.
- Double-vented canopy
- Great for wind and rain protection
- Available in several sizes
- Offers no UPF protection
- Material is not long-lasting
8. DrizzleStik Flex- Golf Club Umbrella
- Keeps your golf gear protected and dry; works with both stand bags and cart bags
- Covers clubs completely while leaving pockets accessible
- Towel Underlining stays dry for wiping hands and clubs; removeable and machine washable canopy
- Telescoping shaft and matching sleeve allow the DrizzleStik to be stored neatly in your golf bag
- Durable nylon construction
- Unique concept
- Telescoping umbrella
The Drizzle Stik Flex is a much different type of golf umbrella, but it is a unique option many people like.
This is like a golf club you can put in your bag, and it will stick up and protect your golf clubs from the poor weather.
Although this umbrella won’t do much if you are looking to protect yourself from the rain, it does plenty to keep your clubs clean and dry.
The telescoping umbrella shaft can go from 36 inches up to 54 inches.
You can easily fold this and keep it in your golf bag when you don’t need the umbrella.
Some golfers worry about being able to access their golf clubs with this umbrella in place, but it is easier than you may think.
You can move the Drizzlestik Flex quickly to be able to get a golf club out of your bag when you need it.
You won’t have to worry about getting the club out from underneath the umbrella top.
- Rubber golf grip
- Fits in a golf bag
- Does a great job of protecting the golf clubs
- Not great for sun or rain protection for people
9. Lanxiry Umbrella,62 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella Extra Large Oversize Double Canopy Vented
No products found.
- Lots of colors
- Double canopy
- Helps block the sun
The Lanxiry umbrella is an excellent option if you like some fun color and style in an umbrella.
This is a lightweight and option that has a double canopy so wind can easily pass through.
Whether you want to use the Lanxiry umbrellas for sun, wind, or rain protection, you will be well covered.
We love that the pricing on this is very fair, but the quality is still going to hold up.
Even at the low price it is offered, the Lanxiry has an auto-open mechanism.
You need only to press one button, and the umbrella quickly opens and extends.
The majority of the Lanxiry umbrellas are going to have red, white, and blue coloring.
If you like adding patriotic golf gear to your bag, you will enjoy this option.
The Lanxiry Umbrella claims to block 99% of sun rays, but it is not UPF rated.
- Nice looking patterns
- Fairly priced
- Auto open
- Not going to have true sun protection
- Only available in the red, white, and blue color scheme
10. FootJoy DryJoys Umbrella, Black
- Product Type: Sporting Goods
- Package Height: 105.156 cm
- Package Length: 4.826 cm
- Package Width: 6.096 cm
- Rubber handle
- Wind vents
- High-quality design
If you are going to trust FootJoy to keep your feet clean and dry during a rainy round, why not let them protect your head and clubs as well?
FootJoy knows how to make some tremendous weather-resistant golf products, and their umbrella choices are certainly no exception.
This is a classic golf umbrella design.
It will help you keep the wind and rain away, and some people use it for sun protection as well.
The Footjoy is offered in a black and white design that will match with many different golf bags.
If you like to keep things classic and simple with your game, the FootJoy is an excellent choice.
- Easy to hold and carry rubber handle
- Wind vents so it won’t rip
- Classic styling and design
- Not the best choice for sun protection
Hopefully, our list of the best golf umbrellas on the market has helped you see the choices and options you have available to you.
You don’t need to carry around a large and heavy umbrella to be able to protect yourself from the wind and rain.
Keep in mind that golf umbrellas are an excellent solution for keeping yourself protected from the sun as well.
Many umbrella options come with UPF protection built in, with all the exposure to the sun golfers get, this is a very nice feature.