You may think that golf tees are an insignificant part of the golf game.
What many amateur players don’t realize is that if you don’t tee a golf ball properly, you may end up wasting a perfectly good golf swing.
Teeing a golf ball up the right way allows the golf club to hit the ball in the right spot.
With all different types of tees out there, why not choose something that allows you to easily tee the ball up right in the center of the clubhead.
We have pulled together our top ten best golf tees.
There are options on this list for all budgets and all skill levels.
Top 10 Best Golf Tees
1. Zero Friction Victory- 5 Prong Golf Tees
- The ZFTour Hybrid is great for Par 3's.
- Established as the No. 1 Performance Tee on the PGA TOUR in 2005 and has stayed there since with over 70 TOUR victories and 370 top ten finishes.
- Every package comes with a bonus Zero Friction item.
- Place one prong at the target for optimum performance.
- A product made with bio-composite materials.
- Five prong top
- Easy to tee up
- Made with biocomposite materials
At the top of our list, we have the Zero Friction Victory 5 Prong Golf Tees.
There are a few reasons that the Zero Friction makes it to the top.
The first is that the five-prong top makes it very easy to tee the golf ball up.
If you think about wooden tees from years ago where you may have to stop and put your golf ball back on the tee a few times, this is much different.
The Zero Friction tees are best known for not stealing any of your ball speed.
When you hit the golf ball, the last thing you want is for the golf tee to slow down your impact and initial golf ball speed.
Zero friction did tons of testing on their tees and created a unique formula that indeed provides a much better impact than a wooden tee.
When using the Zero Friction tees, it is recommended to place one of the prongs directly facing your target and then put the ball on.
The bottom of these tees is slim and easy to get into any turf.
You may also notice that the Zero Friction tees are made with bio-composite material.
One issue that was happening in the golf world for many years is that golf tees were creating adverse environmental effects.
Plastic pieces were being broken up and just sitting on the tees.
People don’t always pick up a broken golf tee after they hit it.
Plastic takes a very long time to decompose, and this raised some issues with environmental groups.
Luckily the zero friction tees are not bad for the environment, and they are great for your golf game.
With all these great benefits, you probably don’t need any more positives to go give these tees a try.
If you do, the one last thing we will add-in is that they are a great bright green color and easy to find if you shot end up hitting one off the tee box.
- Less contact area with the golf club
- Five prong design
- Holds golf ball firmly
- Does not slow down the speed
- These are all 2 ¾ inches, not a mixed pack with various sizes
2. Pride Professional Tee System- 3 ¼ inches Pro Length Plus
- #1 Tee on the PGA Tour
- 100% Natural Hardwood
- Color bar indicates Tee length
- Painted, Printed and Packaged in the U.S.A.
- Perfect for drivers over 360cc
- Very long
- Color bar with indicators
Coming up just behind the Zero Friction tees are the Pride Professionals.
This is a hardwood tee that will naturally deteriorate over time.
The reason these tees have become so popular is because of the colored indicators on the tee itself.
If you have trouble knowing exactly how far to put your tee into the ground, the Pride Professional does the work for you.
Find a tee that matches the height you need for your driver and stick with that color.
Many professionals and lower handicap players love the extra-long tees that Pride Professional makes.
This is a three ¼ inch tee that is considered to be a pro length option.
The Pride Professional is a very well known and respected golf tee manufacturer.
These tees are used on the P.G.A. Tour, and players love their features.
The tee itself is made in the U.S.A. and although this package is a bit more expensive, it is because of the length.
The shorter tees tend to cost quite a bit less money simply because of manufacturing procedures.
The other benefit of these Pride Professional tees is that they work well for the massive drivers on the market today.
Almost every new driver sold is 460 cc, and the longer tee is necessary to hit the driver precisely in the sweet spot.
- Easy to get the right height
- Wooden tee
- Number one tee on tour
- These are a little long for some golfers
3. Champ 86513 Zarma Flytee My Hite 3-1/4″
- 6 Prong head
- Reinforced ribs on shaft add durability and resistance
- Shallow cup reduces surface contact
- Fly tees promote additional distance and accuracy
- Customize the height of your golf ball, set your tee to the same height each time
- 6 Prong design
- Shallow cup
- Great distance
Next on our list is the Champ Zarma Flytee.
This tee is a bit similar to the Pride Professional in the sense that it is going to give you some help when it comes to tee height.
If you struggle with finding that exact spot, there are several black lines on the Zarma Flytee that help you determine the best height.
Take a lesson with your golf professional and ask them about how high you should be teeing the golf ball for optimal launch.
When you are out on the course, you can make sure the tee is set to the perfect height.
The head of the Flytee is a six-prong design.
The six prong design is to help make sure the ball stays sturdy on the tee but that it also provides the least amount of friction when hit.
The Champ is an excellent combination of value, color, and functionality.
- Less friction
- Adjustable height
- Various colors
- Priced a little higher than other golf tee choices
4. Green Keepers 4 Yards More Golf Tee, 3 1/4 Inch, Blue
- First and only tee proven to improve distance in both “Robotic” and “Field” tests
- Flexible 6-prong tip reduces resistance and allows better contact
- Reduces ball spin which increases control
- Less resistance off the tee means more distance down the fairway
- Durable and built to last over 100 drives
- Less ball spin and more control
- Durable and built to last
- Different style than traditional tees
The Green Keepers tees are much different than a standard golf tee.
If you look at the top of this tee, you will notice that it has a much different look to it.
This is a six-prong design, but the prongs themselves are essentially what holds the golf ball up.
Most other tees still have a center that the ball sits on, and the prong assist.
The idea behind the Green Keepers tee is to have the golf ball almost sitting in the air as you come through to strike it with your driver.
When this tee is effective for golfers, it helps them to reduce ball spin and increase control over their shots.
Overall, players that use this tee feel as though it gives them some extra distance.
Since these Green Keepers tees are a little different than other models, you will get about four to a pack, and each one should last for over 100 drives.
This is undoubtedly a tee you are going to want to pick up when you finish playing a hole.
- Less friction than a standard tee
- Holds golf ball well
- Will last a long time
- They only come with a few in a pack
- Not biodegradable
5. ProActive Sports 2 ¾ Inch Tees
- 2 3/4 Inch long
- High quality wood golf tee
- Conforms to USGA regulations
- 100 per pack
- 2 ¾ inches long
- High quality
Next on our list is the ProActive Sports 2 ¾ inch tees.
These tees are very basic, they are standard height, and they are offered in a large variety of colors.
The reason they made our list is that these are the standard and typical golf tees, and they should still have a place in the game of golf.
These tees have worked for many years for many people, and they still work quite well today.
We love these tees for teeing up shots on a par three.
We also love the pricing on these traditional wooden tees.
With how expensive golf products start to get, it’s hard to continue spending more and more on things that almost seem like gadgets.
These are not gimmicky, they are quality, and this large package should last you for quite some time.
- Choose the color you want
- Standard length tee
- Wood design
- Will last a long time
- Potentially have more friction than other options
6. Maxfli Performance Series Low Resistance
- 40 3-1/4'' tees, 10 1-1/2'' tees
- 4-prong design minimizes contact to maximize distance and accuracy
- Less drag further enhances distance, Optimal Launch System promotes consistent height and launch
- Cover the bottom band for higher launch, Cover the middle band for mid launch
- Cover the top band for low launch, High visibility colors include blue, green, yellow, and orange
- Comes with two sizes
- Optimal Launch System
- Height recommendations
The Maxfli Performance Series, Low Resistance tees, is an excellent choice if you are serious about both technology and tee height.
This packaged comes with forty tees that are 3 ¼ inch and ten tees that are 1 ½ inch.
If you are tired of having to put a tee a few inches into the ground for a par three, this mixed pack is perfect for you.
On the longer tees, you will notice that several lines are indicating the different launch options.
You can set it to the lower line if you want a higher launch or the upper line if you want a lower launch.
The colors on these Maxfli Performance series are high visibility so that you will be able to find the tee after you hit it.
The four-pronged design at the top of the tee is in place just to keep the ball steady, but it will not slow down your swing speed.
Although we think the technology and the look of these tees are great, they are a bit expensive so you will have to consider that.
- Easy to see
- Different height lines
- Comes with two different sizes
- Very low drag
7. Callaway Par-Tee Combo Pack
- Quality Construction: Featuring a white plastic base with a black rubberized cup/top, Callaway golf tees boast a durable co-molded construction
- Low-Spin Launch: Equipped with a rubberized cupped top, our golf tee promotes low-spin launches for added distance
- Low-Spin Launch: Equipped with a rubberized cupped top, our golf tee promotes low-spin launches for added distance
- Multipurpose: The ultimate course and driving range tee, each tee features stiff, sharpened tips for easy insertion that easily double as a groove cleaners and divot repair tools
- 4-Piece Set: Includes 4 driving golf tees, 3 1/4 inch
- Rubber cupped top
- Low spin and extra distance
- Has a few sizes
The Callaway Par-Tee’s are a unique concept.
This is a virtually unbreakable golf tee that will last you a very long time as long as you can find it after all of your tee shots.
The top of the Par-Tee is a rubber design, so that there is very little friction with the golf ball.
This pack comes with four large tees and two small tees.
You can use the smaller tees on the par threes.
The tees do not have any indicators as far as golf ball height, but they do a great job of making sure that your ball has very little drag when it is hit.
The tip on these tees is quite sharp, so you will have no trouble getting it into the ground, and they work as an excellent divot repair tool as well.
- Combo pack
- Very long-lasting
- Rubber top
- Not biodegradable if you lose one
8. Stixx Biodegradable Tees
- STRONG & DURABLE - BIODEGRADABLE GOLF TEES - a friendly choice for the course & the environment. Ideal for out on the golf course or at the driving range, STIXX tees are the perfect choice for men, women, junior & kid golfers.
- ADD MORE DISTANCE TO YOUR DRIVE & DOMINATE THE TEE BOX - with STIXX 60 Long Tees 3-1/4" (Green) - perfect for today's oversized drivers & maximizes the launch angle for longer drives.
- IMPROVE YOUR GAME & LOWER YOUR SCORE – at the driving range or out on the fairway with 40 Short Tees 2-1/8" (White) – perfect for all types of irons, hybrids and low profile woods. Helping you play better golf one stroke at a time.
- 100 COMBO PACK OFFERS GREAT VALUE – AT A GREAT PRICE! Low friction, strong, hard & durable, made of bamboo hardwood material. STIXX tees are perfect for the most demanding players! Designed & engineered for maximum performance & durability.
- Give our STIXX Golf Tees a try and you will never go back to any other brand. Great gift for any golfer or as a tournament giveaway. By STIXX World Class Golf Gear!
- BIODEGRADABLE GOLF TEES - a friendly choice for the course & the environment.
- TAKE CONTROL OF THE TEE BOX - 60 Long Tees 3-1/4" (Green) - perfect for today's oversized drivers & maximizes the launch angle, adding more distance to your drive.
- IMPROVE YOUR GAME - 40 Short Tees 2-1/8" (White) - perfect for irons, hybrids and low profile woods.
- 100 COMBO PACK OFFERS GREAT VALUE - at a great price! Perfect for the most demanding players! Designed & engineered for maximum performance & durability.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Give our STIXX Golf Tees a try and you will never go back to any other brand. Great gift for any golfer or as a tournament giveaway. By STIXX World Class Golf Gear!
- Combo pack
- Easy to see
If the fact that the Callaway Golf tees were not biodegradable was a problem for you than the Stixx could be a good choice.
This is an excellent option if you are concerned about the future of our golf courses.
They are reasonably priced, and you get a large pack that contains sixty longer tees and forty shorter tees.
The long tees are plenty long enough to work well for a 460 cc driver.
The bright colors on the Stixx tees make them easy to find and give you a chance to use them over and over again.
Overall the Stixx tees have low friction as they are made from durable bamboo material.
Many golfers that are lower handicap like the classic look and feel of this tee with the modern low friction performance.
The fact that this set comes as a combo pack is significant for not having to waste a long tee on par three-shot.
- Fairly price
- Easy to find
- Friction is slightly higher than some other options
9. JETEHO 60 pcs Golf Step Down Tees 2 3/4 inch Plastic Golf Tees
- Step down design
- Mixed colors
The Jetheho tees are what golfers refer to as step down tees.
These tees will not allow you to push them in the ground further than needed.
Since they essentially stop before they go too far down, you won’t have to question how far you need to push your tee in.
This design was quite popular for some time with wooden tees, but the friction seemed to be too high.
The Jeteho tees are made from plastic, which significantly reduces the amount of friction and drag.
The problem that golfers will run into with the Jeteho is the fact that they are not biodegradable.
This is a plastic tee which makes it very lightweight and suitable for your game; it is not so great for the golf course.
When you hit one of these tees, it is best if you can find it before leaving the tee box.
The particular set comes with sixty tees in mixed colors.
These tees last a long time and the sixty tees should quickly get you through your season.
- Forces you to tee to the exact height
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Makes teeing simple
- Would need to get several sizes for par threes as well
10. Finger Ten Golf Tees Unbreakable
- Strong Plastic With Rubber Cushion Top Design: Can Keep the Ball in Place for Your Golf and Reduce the Hit Towards the Tee;
- More Length Choice For You: We Sold These 50 Pack Plastic Tees in in 4 Choice, 2 1/8 Inch, 2 3/4 Inch, 3 1/4 Inch and Mixed Pack. All Heights are Conform with USA PGA Approvals. No Misunderstanding, Happy Purchase;
- Multicolor 50 Pack In Good Condition: You will Receive Every Order with 50 Count Plastic Golf Tees in Multi Colors. Every Order has Been Delivered In Good Condition;
- Much More Durable Than Some Other Tees: Made of High Quality Plastic Material, These Tees are More Durable Than Some Other Tess. Buy More, Save More;
- No Risk To Buy: All Finger Ten Golf Products are Eligible for Amazon 30 Days Return and Change Policy.
- Almost unbreakable
- Strong Rubber top
- The ball stays on easily
If you liked the concept of the Callaway Par-Tee, but you want something a little more affordable and longer-lasting, the Finger Ten could be a great choice.
This is a 50 pack of golf tees.
They are plastic tees that come in a mixed back of four different sizes.
Each tee has a rubber cushion on top that your golf ball will sit on.
The concept is that the ball sitting on rubber will fly off much easier than one sitting on wood.
All of the heights of these tees conform to the USGA rules, and these are great tees to add to your golf game.
The package of tees will be multiple colors, and these tees are designed to last for a long time.
They are not biodegradable and should be picked up after every hit when you can find them.
Since these tees last for so long, you may only need one or two to get through a round, and you could potentially use them for many rounds.
This is a bag of tees that you will not have to replace for quite some time.
- Multiple colors
- Rubber top for less drag
- Not great for the environment
Leave a Reply