Hitting the golf ball straight has quite a bit to do with swing mechanics.
However, your equipment can also have an effect on the direction of the ball’s flight.
If you want to hit the ball straight every time, you need to ensure that your golf balls and golf driver are also engineered to help you get the straight distance.
Finding the right golf ball for your game takes a bit of work, but once you find one, you can stick with it for years.
We have said it before, and we will say it again: part of becoming a great player is finding the equipment to match your game, not just finding the best equipment on the market.
Best Golf Ball For Straight Drives (Top 5)
1. Callaway Golf 2020 Superhot Bold Matte Golf Balls
- Superhot is built to deliver super fast ball speed and super long distance for golfers who want to hit the ball a lot farther
- The aerodynamic design is built for low drag and optimal lift to keep the ball in the air longer with a strong flight; It’s built for long distance off the driver, and all the way through your short irons
- Designed with a 3-piece construction and a soft cover to provide great spin and control around the green
- Fast ball speed
- Available in a few different colors
- Three-piece construction
The Callaway Golf Superhot Bold Matte Golf Balls are one of the best choices on the market for straight drives.
If you are having trouble straightening out a slice or a hook, the Superhot could be a great choice.
One of the things that we love most about the Superhot is that it is available in a few different colors.
If you don’t want to use a white golf ball, you have the choice between orange and yellow.
The yellow is a very popular choice that stands out as one of the easiest golf balls to see.
In addition to being easy to see, the finish is a matte finish that won’t glare in the sun.
You can make a great visual connection with the Superhot before sending it down the fairway.
One of the biggest things to look for in a straight flight golf ball is that it is low spin.
The low spin options help to ensure that when you put any type of side spin on the ball, it won’t transfer to the ball quite as much and send your shot sideways.
Superhot is known for low spin off the tee.
In addition, this is a distance golf ball for golfers who want to hit the ball a long way as well.
In general, length and forgiveness are going to go hand in hand.
If you can hit the ball far, you are probably also going to hit it straight.
The Superhot is a three-piece golf ball which means it will also offer some performance around the greens in addition to the impressive results off the tee.
The Superhot golf balls come in a 15-ball pack, so you will have to consider that when you look at the price of the balls and the value that they provide.
Overall, the mid handicapper is a golfer who will do best with this ball in the bag.
With the low drag and optimal lift, you won’t have to be a scratch player to see extra distance and performance from the driver.
- Long distance
- Great price considering 15 ball pack
- Three-piece construction with a soft cover
- Has good spin control around the green
- Not the softest feeling golf ball around the green
2. Bridgestone Golf e12 Contact Golf Balls (One Dozen)
- Longer and straighter flight than other Bridgestone golf balls
- Great feel from the tee and around the greens
- Sidespin reducing mantle
Golf balls all have some unique characteristics that will help them fly a little further and straighter.
Some golf balls focus on distance, while others focus on consistency and accuracy.
When you are looking for consistency, one of the best golf balls on the market is the Bridgestone Golf e12 Golf Balls.
The new contact force dimple makes it so that golfers have a much better chance of transferring energy from the golf club to the golf ball.
The whole point of the golf swing is to load up as much potential energy in the shaft as possible and then transfer that from the club to the ball.
With the Bridgestone e12, you are going to get very little spin off the tee but plenty of spin around the greens.
Finding a golf ball that has spin off the tee can often make it challenging to get extra spin when you are near the hole.
Golf balls that have performance benefits from the tee and around the green are going to typically cost quite a bit more.
However, the e12 is still a very reasonably priced golf ball.
If you are unsure as to which Bridgestone golf ball is going to make the most sense for your golf game, you can check out the Bridgestone ball fitting feature on their website.
Putting in helpful information like your swing speed and golf course preference is going to help you decide which of the Bridgestone balls are best for your game.
The e12 has a softer core and slightly lower compression than other options, making it a good choice for even the slower swinging player.
- Contact Force Dimple
- High greenside spin
- Reduced spin off tee shots
- Better feel than previous Bridgestone models
- Brand new model is a bit more expensive than the previous versions
3. Titleist Velocity Golf Balls, White, (One Dozen)
- Longer Distance
- Extremely Low Long Game Spin
- Greater Iron Stoppability
- High Flight On All Shots
- Available in several colors
- Longer distance than previous models
- Easy to stop your iron shots
Titleist is still the number one ball in golf.
Even after all of these years and the performance that they have had, they still know how to put out the best products year after year.
Of course, we know Titleist to be a premium golf ball company, but they do offer a very good product even if the price is a bit higher.
The Titleist Velocity golf balls offer a high ball flight, long distance, and very low long game spin.
This very low spin is what helps the Titleist to be one of the best golf balls for straight drives.
You have to remember that when a golf ball costs more money, chances are the materials used and the technology incorporated into the golf ball are going to be a bit better.
With the Titleist Velocity, you are going to get very high ball flight which also means that the ball has some reduced drag capabilities.
This reduced drag not only helps to keep the ball higher, but it straightens it out as well.
The Titleist Velocity golf balls are available in four different colors.
The yellow and orange colors tend to be the most popular, and they are offered in the matte finish.
As we have mentioned, the matte finish helps to reduce glare and makes the golf ball easier to follow.
Certainly, it’s hard to complain when you have a golf ball that is flying straighter, and it is easier to see as well.
Leave it to Titleist to produce some of the highest quality equipment on the market for the fairest price.
- Available in colors that really stand out
- High flying and straight golf ball
- Great classic Titleist feel
- High price for a two-piece golf ball
4. Vice Golf Tour White 2020 | 12 Golf Balls | Features: Excellent Short Game Spin, Straight Trajectory, Soft Feel | Profile: Designed for Casual Golfers
- Three-piece golf ball
- Great golf ball regardless of handicap
- Great feedback to the golf club
Although Vice is not the most well-known golf ball on the market, it should get quite a bit more credit.
We love the options that Vice currently has as well as the fair pricing that is associated with these products.
The Vice Tour White is a straight flying golf ball made of three pieces.
The Surlyn ball construction is very durable and has plenty of cut resistance for the player who can’t make contact perfectly each time.
Sometimes one bad shot is all it takes to cut a golf ball and render it useless.
However, with the Vice Golf Tour White, you won’t have this concern.
Another great feature on the Vice Tour Whit is the new alignment line system.
There is a line on the golf ball that is designed to help players aim their shots a bit better.
Essentially, you can get incredible distance off the tee, aim the ball better and also hit it straighter when you switch to the Vice.
For the pricing of the Vice golf balls, they are a very smart investment.
If you are a fan of Titleist golf balls but not a fan of their prices, the Vice Tour could be an excellent alternative to look at.
Chances are you can find a very similar option to a Titleist for a good price.
Don’t hold off on giving the Vice golf balls a try simply because you are not familiar with the brand name.
This company’s products have proven to be some of the best that golf has to offer.
All you need to do is find the model that will work best for your golf game.
- Great feel around the greens
- High ball speed off the tee
- Low drag for straighter flight
- Low spin dimple pattern
- Not as well-known as other golf ball brands
5. Maxfli StraightFli Golf Balls
- Maxfli’s straightest golf ball promotes more accurate ball flight for improved overall performance
- Laboratory and Robot testing proves StraightFli travels 20% straighter than previous Maxfli golf balls
- Find the Fairway Dimple Pattern utilizes 374 large and small dimples in stacked and packed patterns for reduced lift
- 2-piece construction provides an optimal blend of distance and accuracy
- 12 Pack
- Very straight golf ball
- Large 374 dimples
- Two-Piece construction for maximum distance
The Maxfli StraightFli Golf Balls are built to be some of the straightest golf balls that the game has to offer.
One of the reasons that Maxfli is able to get this ball to go so straight is the dimple pattern.
The dimple pattern contains 374 individual dimples in both large and small sizes.
The size and pattern of the dimples are going to help keep the ball flying on a much straighter path.
The StraightFli technology is a new design for Maxfli, and it is the straightest golf ball they have produced.
In fact, when compared and tested against other similar golf balls, the ball goes about 20% straighter than previous versions.
The other thing to consider about this ball is that it is a two-piece construction.
The two-piece construction means that the ball is also built for added distance.
The power core with the soft outer cover helps players of any swing speed get the distance that they need from their shots.
Overall, you won’t be disappointed by the performance or the price of the Maxfli StraightFli golf balls.
You will quickly see that they are excellent quality yet offer a very fair price for a dozen golf balls.
- The straightest golf ball that Maxfli has released
- Proven to be 20% straighter than previous golf balls on the market
- Impressive and unique dimple pattern
- Only available in one color
- Two-piece construction is not always ideal
Hopefully, with these five golf balls, we have helped you find a match that could be a good fit for your game.
Finding a golf ball that matches your skills and your goals for golf can be a bit difficult.
The problem is that you start to find something that works from the tee, and then it is not a great fit around the green.
The Callaway Superhot stands out as our best overall choice for a straight drive because it offers performance from a few areas on the course.
You will get what you need from the tee, but you won’t feel as though you are hitting a rock around the greens either.
Since this golf ball is sold as a 15-pack, we think it’s also a really great deal for the price.