Golf simulators can be a lot of fun, and they can be a great way to keep track of your golf game.
There are only a few complete options on the market that include nets, mats, etc.
We have pulled together the best complete options for under $1000 and then some launch monitors which should help you keep your overall budget under $1000.
Golf simulator setups can cost tens of thousands of dollars, but as time goes on, they are getting more affordable for the home user.
Top 10 Best Simulators Under $1000
1. OptiShot 2 Golf Simulator
- The World's #1 Golf Simulator now for Mac or PC. Includes golf simulator only, stance mat and net are sold separately
- With unparalleled 16 high-speed 48MHz infrared sensors, the OptiShot2 is precisely tuned for tracking club swing data. Calibrate your favorite clubs, see your shot patterns, and get instantaneous feedback on every shot
- Each Optishot2 Simulator comes pre-loaded with 15 standard courses. Register using the product key found on the bottom of the Swing Pad to get updates and purchase Platinum courses
- Windows System Requirements: Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, Graphics Card: 256MB available Adapter RAM with OpenGL 2.0 support and the latest Video Drivers, 3GB HDD Storage, 4GB RAM, USB 2.0 port
- Mac System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.8, Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 2600 or Intel Iris Pro or better, OpenGL 2.0 Support, 3GB HDD Storage, 4GB RAM, USB 2.0 Port
- Comes with simulator
- Options for the mat as well
- High speed
The OptiShot 2 is a well-known golf simulator for at-home use.
The Optishot works well with both a Mac or a PC.
One of the things that make the OptiShot so popular is that it is high-speed and fine-tuned.
This model has no trouble picking up your golf swing data and transferring it to the software.
You can see your shot patterns and get all the feedback you need.
The OptiShot is equipped with 16-speed 48MHZ infrared sensors.
These sensors are critical when you choose a golf simulator.
If the sensors don’t pick up the swing information correctly, then you will get some inaccurate feedback.
The OptiShot 2 comes with 15 standard courses.
The fifteen courses will keep you busy for quite some time, but there are paid upgrades you can add as well.
Always make sure to check your computer’s specifications when purchasing a golf simulator.
If your computer is not compatible, you will need to purchase another one, and that is where things get expensive.
Considering the quality of OptiShot 2, it is a great value.
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to setup
- Fast speeds
- Comes with 15 courses
- Will need to buy the net
2. Phigolf Mobile and Home Smart Golf Game Simulator with Swing Stick – WGT Edition 2019
- Phigolf Mobile and Home Smart Golf Game Simulator with Swing Stick - WGT Edition 2019 OPEN BOX
- Access to 24 courses
- Comes with the club you use
- Can use anywhere
The Phigolf WGT is an excellent option if you want an easy setup you can use almost anywhere.
The Phigolf is different from some other simulators because it comes with a stick you use as the golf club.
The sensors are built into the stick, and it allows the simulator to pick up the data necessary to play a round of golf.
You will need to pay $1.99 a month for the Phigolf, but you get access to some excellent golf courses.
You can set this up almost anywhere because you will not need a mat or your own golf clubs.
This simulator is a bit more like a golf video game than it is a training tool for your golf swing.
Although you will still get to swing and you can hit good and bad shots, it’s not quite the same as swinging your club.
On the positive side, it’s good to note that this is a very inexpensive unit for what you get.
If you are looking to add a fun activity to the home or office, the Phigolf is truly a great choice to consider.
- Sets up in a few minutes
- Has access to 24 golf courses
- Very affordable option
- Can use indoors or outdoors
- Not using your clubs
3. Rapsodo R-Motion and The Golf Club Simulator and Swing Analyzer
- Attaches to your own golf clubs - play real rounds of golf with your friends!
- Includes The Golf Club game for stunning simulation of 15 top courses
- Runs on your PC - no launch monitor or projector required.4 hour battery life
- Includes club swing and ball launch data for every shot - analyze your game!
- Extremely easy to use - just provide your own mat and net and start playing!
- Comes with one sensor, clip, USB dongle, and charging cord
- PC Requirements Windows 10 (64bit) Processor: Intel Core i7 Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: NVidia GTX 970 DirectX: version 11
- Note: Kindly refer User Guide before use
- Uses your golf clubs
- 15 top courses
- No launch monitor required
The one issue with the golf simulators is that sometimes you need quite a bit of equipment to complete your setup.
Luckily, with the Rapsodo, you will not need a launch monitor or a projector.
This simulator will help you use your own golf clubs to play at fifteen different top golf courses.
You can use your computer for this Rapsodo.
Rapsodo has made several products in the last few years which will help golfers with at-home golf swing games.
The data you will get will include both swing and ball launch data, and you can start analyzing your golf game.
All you need to get started with this unit is a mat.
Considering we were trying to keep simulators on this list under $1000, this one will come in with lots of room to spare.
You may even be able to add some clubs to your bag with the extra room in your budget.
- Very low price
- Easy to setup
- Comes with 15 courses
- Won’t need a projector
- The smaller-scale unit does not give as many specs as other models
4. OptiShot 2 Golf Simulator for Home | Golf in A Box
- Golf-In-A-Box comes with everything you need to have your very own golf room. OptiShot is an award-winning golf simulator system that is built for all types of golfers.
- The Golf in a Box includes an Infrared Optical Swing Pad, OptiShot2 Software (Download) with 15 Courses, USB Cable (10 ft.), Adjustable Rubber Tees, Two (2) Foam Practice Balls, OptiShot Hitting Mat, OptiShot Full Portable Hitting Net.
- With the OptiShot Golf-In-A-Box, you can practice golf all year-round and improve your accuracy and overall game. Enjoy golf at home, office or any indoor site with your family, friends, colleagues and more.
- OptiShot’s high-grade golf mat measures 4' x 5'; the high-density foam and high-quality turf delivers the lifelike golf experience right in your home. OptiShot Golf Net measures 7’ (H) x 8’ (W) x 1’ (D) and is designed to fit in most indoor spaces.
- Optishot Golf Simulator's minimum system requirements for Windows and Mac are listed in product description below. Please note that it is not compatible with macOS Catalina.
- Everything needed for a golf room
- Good quality
- Accurate results
If you have done some research about golf simulators, you probably have seen that you end up needing to purchase quite a bit of equipment.
This can get costly and confusing to combine everything you need and set up the perfect golf room in your home.
Luckily, there are options out there like this OptiShot 2 Golf in a Box.
As you probably noticed, the OptiShot was our top choice, but the OptiShot 2 golf in a box is a slightly different option.
This will come with the Swing Pad, the Software, Cables, Rubber Tees, Practice Balls, and even the net.
When you purchase this system, you will be using your at-home golf simulator later that day.
The mat is good quality and feels like the golf course.
The next measures 7’ by 8’ by 1’ deep, so you should have no trouble fitting this in your golf room.
As far as pricing, quality, and longevity are concerned, you probably won’t find a better option than the OptiShot 2 Golf in a Box, especially for less than $1000.
- Comes with everything needed
- Easy to setup
- Net is a little low for a taller golfer
5. Blast Motion Golf Swing Analyzer
- Blast Golf is the complete swing and stroke solution for golfers at every level. Blast Golf provides accurate metrics and valuable insights for every part of your game.
- BLAST ATHLETES - Over 200 players & their coaches on the PGA, European, Champions, LPGA, and Web.com Tours trust Blast Golf as a must have tool in their daily toolbox. Simple to use, with game changing results.
- TECH MADE EASY - The Blast Swing Analyzer attaches to the end of any club. Blast’s natural motion capture allows golfers to swing the club or roll some putts and forget about the technology.
- SMART VIDEO CAPTURE – Record and automatically clip video of each swing. View and analyze your swing in slow motion with metrics overlaid. Leverage the in-app Training Center for tips and drills from expert coaches and PGA Tour Players.
- CAPTURE AND ANALYZE – Full swing, Short Game, Bunker and Putting stroke metrics for every shot. Track performance and gain valuable insights about swing tendencies.
- Complete swing analysis
- Very affordable
- Works with phone
If your reason behind purchasing a golf swing simulator is to work on improving your game, you may want to consider the Blast Motion Golf Swing Analyzer.
The Blast Motion is very easy to set up and use, and it can help you analyze your full swing, short game, bunker, and putting as well.
The Blast Motion will capture video of your swing and then allow you to review and analyze this information.
You can get tips and drills that will help you take your golf game to the next level.
The Blast Golf swing trainer will allow you to learn things about your golf game that you never knew before.
Although this is not an authentic simulator where you can play golf courses, you can learn quite a bit about your game and take it to the course the next time you play.
- Gives real, actionable information
- Drills and tips for working on your game
- Does not include golf courses you can play
6. Ernest Sports ES14 Pro Portable Launch Monitor, Charcoal
- Ernest Sports revolutionizes the game with a great new tool for teaching professionals, club fitters and serious golfers
- The ES14 delivers critical data instantly - easily and affordably
- The unit offers a wide range of statistical information including club speed, launch angle, ball speed, Smash factor, spin rate & distance
- Free ES14 App ( iOS and Android) stores shot details, club averages, audio feedback, and email data
- High-quality launch monitor
- Gives lots of data
- Premium model
As you may already know, a golf simulator will not work without a proper launch monitor.
A launch monitor is a tool which will allow you to pick up information on your golf swing.
Without the launch monitor, there is no way for the golf stats and data to get into the simulator.
The rest of the options on our list will be launch monitors you will need to pair with projectors, a net, and a mat to complete your setup.
These launch monitors are all reasonably priced, so you can still get your setup for less than $1000.
The ES14 is a very high-quality launch monitor created by a company known for making sports-related simulators and monitors.
Ernest is a good choice not just for the at-home setup but also for teaching professionals and club fitters.
The information you get from Ernest is going to be reliable and accurate as well.
This launch monitor is easy to move, and when you can get specs like ball speed, launch angle, and club speed, you will love the features of this monitor.
- Accurate data
- Affordable for how reliable the information is
- Professional quality
- Only one part of the simulator
- Still need to get net, mat, projector, etc.
7. FlightScope Mevo – Portable Personal Launch Monitor for Golf
- MEASURE: Mevo provides ACCURATE real-time performance data to help you train and improve with every club in the bag, whether on the range, on the course, or in your home.
- EVALUATE: Practice INDOOR or OUTDOOR with data parameters that include carry distance, club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, vertical launch angle, spin, apex height and flight time.
- VISUALIZE: Automatically capture data and video on your mobile device. Practice without interruption using the Mevo app on your phone or tablet to automatically record, clip, and save each video with data overlay.
- OPTIMIZE: Save and compare data over time to track your progress. Your videos and data are captured and stored automatically, allowing you to review each session, share with your coach, and analyze your progress over time.
- PRACTICE WITH PURPOSE with this LIGHTWEIGHT and PORTABLE 3D Doppler radar based launch monitor.
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Easy to set up
The FlightScope Mevo is another great launch monitor for the golfer looking to get their golf room set up.
This particular model will help to measure things like club head speed, ball speed, smash factor, spin, and flight time as well.
You will certainly get all the information you need out of the FlightScope Mevo.
This is a reasonably priced Launch monitor which will still allow room in your budget for the rest of your golf setup.
The Mevo is known for being one of the more accurate launch monitors.
One of the things we love most about the Mevo is that you can use it at home in your golf room but then take it to the range with you.
You can record information both at home and at the course and use it to analyze your golf game.
If you want accurate results and feedback about what you need to work on in your game, this is the device to work with.
- Very accurate
- Lots of data
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- This is just the launch monitor, not the entire system
8. Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor | MLM | Pro-Level Accuracy
- NOW AVAILABLE!! - Can now be used hitting indoors or into a net on select Apple devices. See below for compatible iPhone and iPad models.
- PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL ACCURACY- Distance accuracy is within 2. 5% of Trackman at just 2. 5% of the price
- SET UP IN UNDER 30 SECONDS- Simply open the app, connect your device via bluetooth and start hitting
- INSTANT FEEDBACK- The real-time video feedback comes with a SHOT TRACE and DATA OVERLAY making it easier than ever to understand cause and effect. Access your stat history to view AVERAGES, DISPERSION, TRAJECTORY and STANDARD DEVIATION for each club.
- GPS SATELLITE VIEW- Use your phone's GPS to see where all of your shots land on your actual range or course
- OUTDOOR/INDOOR USE - Can be used hitting into a net indoors or outdoors with certain devices (iPhone and iPad models only)
- MLM Outdoor mode is currently compatible with these devices: iPhone 6s and up, iPad 2017 onward models
- MLM Net feature is currently compatible with these devices: iPhone 8 and up, iPad models Pro (11”) 2nd Gen, iPad Pro (12.9”) 3rd Gen, iPad Pro (12.9”) 4th Gen, and iPad Air 4th Gen
- Easy to work with your phone
- Only works outdoors
- Very accurate
We have another great option from Rapsodo if you are looking for data to make you a better golfer.
This is one of the most accurate launch monitors available for the average golfer.
If you have ever heard of the Trackman launch monitor, you know how accurate and expensive this model is.
The Rapsodo is almost as accurate as the Trackman, which says a lot considering its price.
This model works with your phone, and you will only be able to use it outdoors.
It is a bit different than an authentic simulator, but it will certainly work to give you accurate data about your golf game.
The feedback is instant, the video is clean, and you can use the shot trace feature as well.
If the idea of a golf simulator overwhelms you, but you want to be able to monitor your own golf game, this is a great choice.
- Works with GPS view
- Shot trace
- Instant feedback
- Only works outdoors
9. Ernest Sports ES12 Portable Launch Monitor
- The ES12 by Ernest Sports gives ball speed and distance data instantly
- Pair the ES12 to your Smart device to save and store your range session, participate in a skills Challenge and much more
- Get your shot data instantly, easily and affordably with the ES12
- Very low price
- Ball speed and distance
- Instant results
If you want a lower-priced launch monitor, the Ernest Sports ES12 is an excellent choice.
This model is one of the lowest-priced options for a launch monitor on the market.
You will get accurate data about both ball speed and distance.
You can pair this launch monitor with other equipment to get a great at home simulator setup going.
Make sure the launch monitor you purchase is compatible with the simulator software you plan to use.
The lower-priced launch monitors do not usually record as much data as the more expensive models.
One of the things we love most about this launch monitor is the skills challenge feature.
It is a great way to stay motivated and improve your golf game.
- Skills challenge
- Low pricing
- Won’t give as much data as some other monitors
10. Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC300 Portable Golf Launch Monitor
- Measures » Carry/Total Distance » Smash Factor » Launch Angle » Swing Speed » Apex (Max Height) » Ball Speed
- Doppler Radar Technology
- Voice Output of Distance; Measuring Range: 15-370 Yards
- Instant Feedback via LCD Display
- Adjustable Loft Angles
- Apps (iOS Available, Android- Available in June 2019) for Real-time/Integrated Shot Data and Statistics for Each Club
- Remote/USB Cable/USB Cover/User Manual
- Spin Data now available via App
- Accuracy: ±3% of ball speed
- Gives accurate data
- Voice output when using at the range
- Doppler radar technology
The last option on our list is another launch monitor that can be paired to set up an at-home golf simulator.
This model uses Doppler radar technology and gives you instant feedback on display.
When you aren’t using this at home, you can bring it to the range and get real-time data.
The data is recorded, and you can review it all later and determine which areas of your game are going to need work.
There are lots of options on the market for golf simulators because there are so many different ways you can put the system together.
Try to make sure you choose a model that works for your needs both at home and on the golf course.
Some golfers want a way to play a golf course on a Saturday from their basement, and others want to work on their golf game.
Some golf simulators will be able to complete both of these missions.
The individual parts of a golf simulator setup are not going to be that expensive.
The real expense comes into play when you need to add a mat, a net, a projector, etc.
- Gives real-time data
- Some say the display is not aesthetically pleasing