Missing key for Club Car Golf Cart

Sam A.

Hey guys, I just purchased a used club car golf cart, don't know the official year unfortunately as the guy who sold it to me didn't even know. I'm guessing it was made in the 90s though, but will have to do more research on it. Anyway, the guy explained he didn't have the keys for it, and so he decided he'd rather sell it than search for the keys.

Is there any way to know what key this thing takes and how to go about finding out? I don't want to hotwire it or anything like that. I'll try to update you once I know the year and model.

Dave

Weird that he didn't have the keys. Did he lose them? Either way, the good news is that you can use any club car key. I'd go on ebay and see if they have any keys for sale.

In the meantime, I say use a screwdriver to get it going for now.

DudeR89

Yeah same key works for the majority of their golf carts. I actually modified mine to not take the same key. Didn't want any sneaky snakes trying to steal my golf cart. 😆

Mick

That's another reason why I like club car golf carts. Being able to have a few key replacements is nice.

Yeah same key works for the majority of their golf carts. I actually modified mine to not take the same key. Didn't want any sneaky snakes trying to steal my golf cart. 😆
I agree with this. That's one thing that I worry about as well, but I don't think some random person will have a key on them. Someone stealing it would need to know what kind of golf cart it is anyway.

MrCash

I believe a few other golf cart brands have similar style keys. My brother in law had a few club car golf carts and had one key that he used for all of them. He had some replacements, but he always had the one key on his chain.