EZGO golf cart good as a daily driver?

Al33

I'm thinking of making my EZGO golf cart my daily driver. I live in a small town and don't need to drive far. I figure a golf cart as my daily driver would be better than buying an actual car. I used to ride my bike everywhere, but my knees started going, so I bought a golf cart.

I figure this way I don't need to buy an actual car, as I don't travel very far anyway.

Dave

I know a person who uses his golf cart in place of a car. He suped it up to go fairly fast, and he lives in a small town and doesn't have to travel anywhere far for supplies.

I have never thought of replacing my car with a golf cart though, I don't think I ever will.

BroMaine

I think it would be awesome to use my cart as a daily driver. I live in a big town though, so it wouldn't really work all that well for me, but if you live in a small town, where everything is close by, you should be able to use your golf cart as your daily driver. Just make sure it's street legal and is safe for the road.

Arty

Sure, if you modify it to be road ready. I have heard of people who use golf carts or other recreational vehicles. I used to ride my 4 wheeler around town all the time before I ended up selling it years ago.

MrCash

I'd love to actually do this myself. I have always wondered if my golf cart could handle being my daily vehicle for around town, getting groceries, etc. Would make life easier not having to pay for an overly expensive vehicle.

Mick

I would if I could. My town is fairly big and the nearest town is pretty far from my home. It wouldn't be feasible for me to use my cart as my vehicle. :(

But I still get it out there on the roads and back roads.

Al33

I'm going to modify it for the street. Been looking into it some more and I'm leaning towards it. How fast should it to before it's street legal? What kind of tires do I need? What other improvements do I need to make?

DudeR89

I believe EZGO has street legal golf carts on there site. Ready to go for the street too. I would check into that. If not, like everyone in here said, you should be able to modify one to be street legal.