Best Golf Carts For Off Roading?

Sam A.

I am looking for a golf cart that is capable of handling the rough terrain when going off roading. I am open to any brand, make or model. As long as it's fast, can handle nearly any terrain, and looks good doing it, I'm for sure interested in hearing more about it.

Right now I am not sure what to look for. I was looking into yamaha carts, but wasn't sure they were right for what I'm looking for.

Arty

I drove my buddies 2017 Star EV Sport H Series cart about a year ago, and that thing is great for off roading. Not sure about all terrain, but we ran through muck and mud with virtually no problem.

Last edited:

JeffyG

I drove my buddies 2017 Star EV Sport H Series cart about a year ago, and that thing is great for off roading. Not sure about all terrain, but we ran through muck and mud with virtually no problem.
This is a good alternative, but I would pick the 2017 Star EV Diablo 4+2 instead. I think it fits the more all terrain type more. You can also modify standard gold carts to make them off road/all terrain. I'm actually considering doing that myself as I have a few golf carts collecting dust in my yard currently.

Last edited:

Dave

I would go with an Ezgo gas powered one myself. The ones mentioned above would work too though I imagine. How much is your budget for something like this though? Do you plan to modify a cart to make it off road?

Sam A.

Nice! I'm going to have to look more into that one, sounds very appealing. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

This is a good alternative, but I would pick the 2017 Star EV Diablo 4+2 instead. I think it fits the more all terrain type more. You can also modify standard gold carts to make them off road/all terrain. I'm actually considering doing that myself as I have a few golf carts collecting dust in my yard currently.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out. Please give us an update on when you plan to modify your golf carts. I'd love to hear how it went.

I would go with an Ezgo gas powered one myself. The ones mentioned above would work too though I imagine. How much is your budget for something like this though? Do you plan to modify a cart to make it off road?
I'll look into some ezgo gas powered ones as well. As for my budget, don't really have one. I'm fine with paying what needs to be paid. As for modifying one, I may do that if I have to get the end result I desire.

Last edited:

Mick

Check out the 2018 EZGO Freedom RX Electric if you want a good one. It's electric, but runs really good. I have one and it runs really well for off roading. I of course lifted the wheels and did some other modifications, but as it is, it works fairly well.

Last edited:

Arty

Check out the 2018 EZGO Freedom RX Electric if you want a good one. It's electric, but runs really good. I have one and it runs really well for off roading. I of course lifted the wheels and did some other modifications, but as it is, it works fairly well.
I second this suggestion as well. Test drove one early this year and it drove really smoothly and was fast.

MrCash

Check out the Diablo Star EV, should be kind of what you're looking for. Should be great for off roading. It's a popular one for hunters and just general off roading fun.

JeffyG

Check out the Diablo Star EV, should be kind of what you're looking for. Should be great for off roading. It's a popular one for hunters and just general off roading fun.
Nice choice. I test drove one of these months back and they run quite well. Should work wonders for off-roading. They make pretty decent carts, so I also recommend. :)

BroMaine

I looked into this one a bit, and I too will second this. From what I hear it's exactly what op is looking for.

JeffyG

Who here has gone off roading with a golf cart? I've done it a few times, but not as much as I would have hoped.

Arty

Who here has gone off roading with a golf cart? I've done it a few times, but not as much as I would have hoped.
I have once and really had fun. I did worry I was going to damage it though, so I took it easy. I don't remember what kind of golf cart it was though.

DudeR89

I've been eyeing up Diablo Star EV type golf carts. Might make my next golf cart purchase.
Only once, and it's partly the reason I am into golf carts. It's something I'd like to do more often though.

Mick

You know what would be cool to do for off roading? An obstacle course would be pretty fun. I'd do it.

I wish I had the money to build a course. Someone here make one for me lol.